Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy New S5--can't get finger print scanner to work. Keep getting error note.

Every time I attempt to set up the finger print scanner, I get a pop-up error note: "Attention. An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device." I've done dozens of restarts. The note comes up as soon as I attempt to scan my finger to set up the profile. After that, it pops up immediately when I go to the set up. It doesn't matter how I get to the set up.

The phone is from Verizon. I've called them and went through all the steps, except for a factory re-set. I hate to start from scratch, but will if I have to. Any suggestions? I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a replacement phone--but want to hear any ideas first.

Thanks in advance.
    Den

Default Re: New S5--can't get finger print scanner to work. Keep getting error note.

I'd say the only thing you can do is a factory reset. If that doesn't work you have a defective sensor and need a replacement.

Default Re: New S5--can't get finger print scanner to work. Keep getting error note.

Seems like a case of corrupted files. Factory reset should solve the issue.

Another poster had this issue and had to swap it for a replacement unit. The factory reset won't help.