Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Streaming videos from Mac to Galaxy s5

Hi guys

I've come across from the iphone recently and am wondering if anyone can tell me how to stream videos from my mac computer to my android over wifi. I used to use an app called air video and it was fantastic. Not only could I stream the videos from my computer, but i could also download them onto my phone and watch them on the bus or something. Is there an app that can do this on android?

So far i have tried air playit - I couldn't even get the app to download from the develpers website, and there is nothing in the play store.

Qloud - This is great for streaming, but does not have the download option.

Can anyone recommend a program or method that would meet my needs?

Thanks.

Default Re: Streaming videos from Mac to Galaxy s5

AirDroid is capable of doing what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPrettyKitty View Post
    So far i have tried air playit - I couldn't even get the app to download from the develpers website, and there is nothing in the play store.
    I would be careful about downloading apps not available on the play store. You know those reports of how android has way more malware? It's because people download from websites and other sources that aren't the play store.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks to both of you. Going to look at airdroid now. And i didn't even think about malware! so thanks for the reminder.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just checked out airdroid and its not really what I am after. I'm looking for a medai server type thing that i can use to stream, not just something i can transfer files with. I couldn't acces files on my computer via my phone unless I dragged and dropped them onto my phone. Not always what I want to do cos sometimes i like watching movies in bed.

Any other suggestions?

Yep, get a Kindle.