Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I transfer everything from my S4 to my S5 without losing anything?

Or can I even do this? Can I transfer pics, text messages, etc? I have an SD card, do I just save it all to that then transfer? Looking for advice to successfully transfer as much as I can.

Default Re: How do I transfer everything from my S4 to my S5 without losing anything?

Samsung Smart Switch will do that.

Samsung Smart Switch? | Samsung
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I transfer everything from my S4 to my S5 without losing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    Samsung Smart Switch will do that.

Samsung Smart Switch? | Samsung
    thanks, is that an app i download?

Quote Originally Posted by SeveerM View Post
    If you open the link it tells you exactly what to do depend on what you're switching from.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveerM View Post
    I would think that with a link supplied that you would at least have the curiosity to follow that link and READ IT.

I don't waste time rewriting what the author puts on his home page. I gave you a solution, if you don't use it, oh well.

That app did not work well on an S3 I was trying to migrate. It sat at 20% while backing up text messages and was taking so long the wifi direct connection kept dropping. The HTC app worked much better for my wife's M7 (actually worked flawlessly), but probably can't be used for the S5.