Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question S5 has poor signal strength .

i got my Galaxy S5 2 days a go, traded in my Note 3 for it and i have noticed that my note 3 had was better signal that the S5 so far. has anyone else noticed this? granted i live on a farm and there are some dead spots in my house but still the note 3 had better signal. anyone have an app to help with this?

Default Re: S5 has poor signal strength .

Quote Originally Posted by jenpossy View Post
    i got my Galaxy S5 2 days a go, traded in my Note 3 for it and i have noticed that my note 3 had was better signal that the S5 so far. has anyone else noticed this? granted i live on a farm and there are some dead spots in my house but still the note 3 had better signal. anyone have an app to help with this?
    I came from a Nexus 4 and my S5 get's a signal as well as my Nexus 4 did. There is an app called OPEN SIGNAL. Their website is 3G and 4G LTE Cell Coverage Map - OpenSignal This will show where your carrier's cell towers are, signal strength and etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...se3.opensignal
    jenpossy likes this.

You cannot measure how well the radio is working by looking at the Signal Strength bar on different phones.

The true test is when the phone looses the cell site and has no signal.

My S5 is doing a better job than my Galaxy 'S' phone does. I roam over a lot of farm land in my job and have never been lost a cell site. This in places where my 'S' phone would drop out.

Much much better than my iPhone 5s had. I'm on Verizon
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thanks guys i must just live in a bad zone. however i am in canada so i don't know about that app you though off maybe i look up where the towers are around me! thanks
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thumbs down Re: S5 has poor signal strength .

so looked up where the towers are around where i live and i live right a place where we would bounce off 3 or 4 towers al around us but none right close to us...hence the dead zones and low signal!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

last up date for this thread switched the network type to WCDMA/GSM auto connect because there is no LTE around here and my signal got way better! just incase anyone else needs to know about this!

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I dont have a problem like this i think it depends on your network connection.

haven't noticed any poor signal problems yet
    s5 G900F