exchange s5 for m8 (verizon)

imone03

May 15, 2014
Visit site
so I've had my galaxy s5 for a little over a week. im debating if I should exchange it for the m8 before my 14 day exchange period is over there's a couple things i don't like about the s5. first no hdmi port. i do hook up my phone to one of the extra tvs here at my work and having to bring an adapter w/ me all the time is kind of a pain. i knew previous versions didn't have it, i just didn't check on it before buying. also im not a fan of the touchwiz UI. to me it looks like it was made for kids and i do notice that slight lag when doing things on this phone and i have only loaded a couple apps so far. . i know i can install another launcher to change that. the cover over the usb port is also an annoyance for me. lastly, still no root on the s5 (im on Verizon), im assuming it will happen at some point just not sure how long it's gonna be. the upcoming g3 is not really an option for me. i feel it's too big. I do really like the screen on this s5 though.

thoughts?

edit: just found out m8 doesn't have hdmi slot either. guess i'm stuck buying adapter either way.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So does the M8 meet all of the needs that the S5 doesn't? If so, go for it. If the M8 just introduces a whole new set of compromise, figure out which compromises bother you least.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will NEVER have root available UNLESS you pay full price retail and then they will let you have it.

So, if most of the S5 does what you need, stay with it.

The M8 is just going to have a different set of issues to deal with, and a much lesser camera. The camera made me stick to the S5 and I have never looked back. Great phone, and it will allow you to disable bloatware, the M8 won't.

TouchWiz is not slowing the phone down, it is the other stuff that is on it that can be turned off.

I tried a couple of launchers and uninstalled them, went back to TouchWiz

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will NEVER have root available UNLESS you pay full price retail and then they will let you have it.

So, if most of the S5 does what you need, stay with it.

The M8 is just going to have a different set of issues to deal with, and a much lesser camera. The camera made me stick to the S5 and I have never looked back. Great phone, and it will allow you to disable bloatware, the M8 won't.

TouchWiz is not slowing the phone down, it is the other stuff that is on it that can be turned off.

I tried a couple of launchers and uninstalled them, went back to TouchWiz

The m8 will absolutely allow you to disable bloatware. You can do it in the app section of the settings menu. You can also disable bloatware on the m8 by rooting.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey