How's this battery usage look

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like lately my battery usage hadn't been what it was since the small att update. Here's a screenshot.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-17-59-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-17-59-57.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 52

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
that particular screen does not give enough information.

You need to know what apps are running and if they are necessary for the way you use your phone.

I have my phone battery use screwed down very tight, and can get through a day w/o use on about 15% battery consumption.

With moderate phone calls and a few text messages, i still get about 3 days per charge.

but, I have it fine tuned. Read the battery threads, and get an idea how each of us program our phones differently and get different results.

this thread is for the frugal minded geeks like myself, you will see me post on that thread.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/846871-want-improve-battery-life-heres-how.html

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Post your screen on time, otherwise we can't give you an accurate outlook or opinion on your battery life.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Att the time of that post it was about an hour

That's fairly good if it was at an hour with only 18% used. That's over 5 hours screen on time if we extrapolate those results depending on your usage.

What kind of battery life were you getting before?

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This is mine with med to heavy usage

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-09-07-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-09-07-45.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2014-05-16-09-07-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-09-07-41.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 32

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's fairly good if it was at an hour with only 18% used. That's over 5 hours screen on time if we extrapolate those results depending on your usage.

What kind of battery life were you getting before?

I'm hitting about 35% battery left through mid day where as before I would be at that point past midnight. My usage has not changed. Factory reset didn't improve it.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Question,
when you open the battery status and you see apps with battery percentage, does that mean that the app is currently using that much or "was" using that much? I'm asking because let say I used the app called "torque pro", i had clear cache, clear all recent history, checked in application manager see if torque pro is running, and it's not. But when I hit the battery status page, it still shows torque pro is using 35%. Enlighten me..

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I also have had extremely good battery life right up until last night when I noticed Google Play services is using up a ton of battery also. I am looking to turn that feature OFF.

aalu91

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
that particular screen does not give enough information.

You need to know what apps are running and if they are necessary for the way you use your phone.

I have my phone battery use screwed down very tight, and can get through a day w/o use on about 15% battery consumption.

With moderate phone calls and a few text messages, i still get about 3 days per charge.

but, I have it fine tuned. Read the battery threads, and get an idea how each of us program our phones differently and get different results.

this thread is for the frugal minded geeks like myself, you will see me post on that thread.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/846871-want-improve-battery-life-heres-how.html

If that is all you use your phone for, why do you even have a smartphone? Get a flip phone or the like and get a week's worth of battery

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If that is all you use your phone for, why do you even have a smartphone? Get a flip phone or the like and get a week's worth of battery

Sigh!

I get tired of remarks like this. Small minded folks...

All of the features are there when I want to use them, AND the battery is holding up a very good charge at the time that I want to use it.

If the phone is not in your hands, it does not need to be fully equipped to fight a game war.

. My ancestors have a very good saying that is still good today. If you can't think of something positive or good to say, then keep your mouth shut.