Text messenger notification keeps turning on my display.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm using the stock messenger app instead of Hangout because it gives missed message count with TouchWiz. But I noticed that whenever my phone is unlocked and a message comes in, it turns the display back on. Is there a way to turn this feature off without having to turn off text message notification or switching to another messaging app?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and my phone just turns on the LED and beeps at me.

But, I changed the Notification from whatever the default was to a single Beep.

The screen does not turn on.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and my phone just turns on the LED and beeps at me.

But, I changed the Notification from whatever the default was to a single Beep.

The screen does not turn on.

Are you using Message+ or the Samsung Messages app? I've found that the Samsung app lights the display no matter what.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Message+ or the Samsung Messages app? I've found that the Samsung app lights the display no matter what.

neither, Go Pro SMS on my phone.

I don't remember any of my msg apps turning on the screen. I only saw the Notification Bar at the top for a few seconds, I programmed it for a Single Beep and then it would go away and turn ON the green LED which stays on until I unlock the phone and read the message.

But, I have Notifications turned off anyway.

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a way to disable that with out turning off notifications all together. Currently using 8sms because I don't like that feature. All I need I'd LED and noise.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
neither, Go Pro SMS on my phone.

I don't remember any of my msg apps turning on the screen. I only saw the Notification Bar at the top for a few seconds, I programmed it for a Single Beep and then it would go away and turn ON the green LED which stays on until I unlock the phone and read the message.

But, I have Notifications turned off anyway.

Okay, that's why. Apps such as this don't turn the display on. That's why I use Hangouts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae