Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bembol
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz

Am I the only one that thinks TW is fast? I just tried Nova Launcher but it's not as smooth. TW transition is soo smooth and fast.

Global Posts
    1,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Touchwiz

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks TW is fast? I just tried Nova Launcher but it's not as smooth. TW transition is soo smooth and fast.
    I tried TouchWiz, but went right back to using Apex Launcher. Matter of taste I guess. I think it's slower than Apex or Nova.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i find that odd.. this why i'm asking. Many people are complaining about TW is slow and are happy with Nova. But for me it's vice versa. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Well, as you and I have commented elsewhere, there is nothing slow about TouchWiz.

I tried KK Launcher and was not impressed. Lost all of the geewhiz features that TouchWiz offers.

Honestly, I can't tell the difference and never complained about speed. It's the customization & features Nova Prime offers and that's why I love it.
    Xzibit3 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

on stock settings.. i notice when i change from TW to nova launcher, my stock wallpaper looks much dull. why is that?

I noted the same thing when I tried the KK Launcher. All of the colors were faded out and for someone like me who is Pastel Color Blind, that is not a good thing.

I need the vibrant, rich colors the S5 TouchWiz offers.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    I noted the same thing when I tried the KK Launcher. All of the colors were faded out and for someone like me who is Pastel Color Blind, that is not a good thing.

I need the vibrant, rich colors the S5 TouchWiz offers.
    Agreed. I just uninstalled the Nova Launcer. Maybe there will be a nicer launcher in the future..

When I got my 10.1 2014 tablet for Christmas, everyone said to install the Nova Launcher because of the "lag" of TW. I could tell no difference. Don't feel any "lag" with my tablet and certainly not with my phone. I'm happy with TW.

TouchWiz is by far the best launcher. I have tried Nova Prime, Apex, Go Launcher and a few others. But I always end up back to TouchWiz. No lag for me. V.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

IMO Nova Launcher Prime is the best launcher. I've been using it and I would never go back to using touchwiz.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Nova is the one for me. Don't get me wrong I love TW, but there's just something about Nova's gestures, and how you can change the icon layout I just keep coming back to.

Since Nova doesn't seem to play nice with my S5 (random crashes, crashes when changing icons, "problem loading widget" after a redraw), I went back to TouchWiz. Hope Tesla fixes this bug. Maybe Apex will have better luck (goodbye 4 bucks for more features!)