Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another camera question, SORRY

Can somebody tell me what the best settings are to use to get GREAT looking pictures. I went from Note 3 which I LOVED taking photos with to Galaxy S5. Reason being Galaxy S5 supposed to be a GREAT camera for taking pictures with, being a 16MP camera. But since I been using it, I have to say so far my Note 3 smokes pictures taking by this phone. I have it on 16MP setting, is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance
    Kirkturk

Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: Another camera question, SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by kirkturk View Post
    Can somebody tell me what the best settings are to use to get GREAT looking pictures. I went from Note 3 which I LOVED taking photos with to Galaxy S5. Reason being Galaxy S5 supposed to be a GREAT camera for taking pictures with, being a 16MP camera. But since I been using it, I have to say so far my Note 3 smokes pictures taking by this phone. I have it on 16MP setting, is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance
    Kirkturk
    A higher MP doesn't necessarily mean that the camera will be better. MP is just how big the picture will be (Resolution-wise). Are you trying to use it for quick photos or are you a photographer?
    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just shoot and take pictures. I think I found it out. Played around with different settings and they look petty good now

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    10,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Just shoot and take pictures. I think I found it out. Played around with different settings and they look petty good now

Posted via Android Central App
    I'd recommend shooting in HDR for anything without a moving subject, or when it's dark.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Camera is incredible, and I'd imagine it's even better than the Note 3 with the new ISOCELL sensor. Lighting is everything.

It is not a professional camera after all. I am using S5 but my younger brother who is a professional photographer using Galaxy Note 2 having lower mega pixel but he clicked better than me.
    So its totally depends on how you click.Change your camera settings if required that's enough I guess.

Thanks in advance
    Kirkturk
    I've just posted some pics on the camera thread. Auto everything.... think hdr may have been on. Plus my s5 has a camera lense protector on. I think it's a great camera. Really impressed

Sent from my SM-G900F using AC Forums mobile app