Calendar Events - Set Default Reminder Time?

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
On every other phone I've ever had, which is a ton, there has always been an option to set a default reminder time for calendar events but I can't find it on the S5 to save my life. It seems that it's setting the reminder times for 30 minutes prior and I'd prefer it be 5 minutes before the event. Does anyone know where this setting is found?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You may have to change that default on the web interface. On your desktop/laptop, go to Google Calendar on the web, the click on the gear icon at the upper right, then Settings, then Calendars, and pick the calendar in question. Now click on Reminders and Notifications. You should be able to edit the default reminder time there, or have it default to no reminders.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You may have to change that default on the web interface. On your desktop/laptop, go to Google Calendar on the web, the click on the gear icon at the upper right, then Settings, then Calendars, and pick the calendar in question. Now click on Reminders and Notifications. You should be able to edit the default reminder time there, or have it default to no reminders.

Thanks for the reply. I have it set to 5 minutes in Gmail, but for some reason some of the reminders (not all, which is also strange) are still going off at the 30 minute mark.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But are new events that you enter defaulting to 5 minutes? Existing events that you already entered will probably still have the reminders set to 30 minutes..

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
But are new events that you enter defaulting to 5 minutes? Existing events that you already entered will probably still have the reminders set to 30 minutes..

You got it. I'm guessing that something flipped when I switched to the Galaxy S5 because it had reverted back to 30 minutes as a default but now I've got it straight. Thank you very much for your help.

Martin Cox

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3 which has a default reminder of 15 mins. I have tried going into google calendar and changing the reminder time to 1 minute but it still remains defaulted to 15 mins on the phone.

Any ideas please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using Google Calendar on your phone, or a Samsung calendar app?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't have an S3--is the built-in calendar the actual Google Calendar app, or a Samsung app? If it's the Samsung app, it probably won't matter if you change the default in Google Calendar on the web. There might still be some other way to change the default reminder time, but I don't know it.

Otherwise, you could install the Google Calendar app from the Play Store and see if that works better for you.

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an S3 too. There used to be a setting in the samsung calendar for the default reminder but one of the updates removed it. If you want a different default reminder you need to use another calendar app. I have no idea why they would change that. It's a shame because other than that I actually like the samsung calendar better than the other calendar apps I've tried.

JonHP

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
After entering the calendar event title & location, start & end times, click Next on lower right on keyboard, then Done. This brings you to View more options. You can set a reminder time there for email and notification.

mlstolzdorf

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Would anyone tell me how to even set a reminder for my events after setting up the event on the Calander App for Galaxy 5S?
I can't go any further than setting up the location, not even an address for the location.
Thanks,

TDSI

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You got it. I'm guessing that something flipped when I switched to the Galaxy S5 because it had reverted back to 30 minutes as a default but now I've got it straight. Thank you very much for your help.

Did you ever get this fixed? Every time I enter a new schedule in the Google Calendar App and sync via Google Calendar then companionlink to my Outlook, it adds a 30 minute reminder. It seems it happens from Google Calendar to Outlook. It does not add a reminder when I sync from the phone to Google Calendar. Just into Outlook. I even upgraded to Outlook 13 and also re-installed Companionlink. Thank you

getpaidonl9

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
As the topic is related, I am continuing here only.
Recently I bought Moto X Play. Synchronised with my Google account. My query is, my calendar don't notify me for the Birthdays / Anniversaries in the calendar. I checked and found that all are 'All Day Events', is this a problem?
How can I set some fixed time, say 10:00 AM to all except those having specific times? Please help.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante