Galaxy s5 messaging issues

Boohjr

May 19, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine recently switched from an iphone to an s5 and was having issues messaging people. Initially we had no issues, then suddenly she was receiving my texts but I was not getting hers. She messed around with some settings with her old phone and this fixed this issue that she was having with others, however we are still experiencing the problem. I have a really old phone, but I've had no issues with others who have the same phone.

RennieDowns

May 15, 2014
Visit site
This is going to sound silly, but have you rebooted the phone?
You might also want to try and clear the messages our message storage app and reboot and see if that helps.
Lets try is to do a master reset.
If that don't work then you would to get examples within 24 hours of calling T-Mobile and see if the can file a trouble ticket to have engineering look into finding out the problem.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure did she disable iMessage? Just a specific issue that's usually the culprit for this sort of stuff.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

HiddenPuppy

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine recently switched from an iphone to an s5 and was having issues messaging people. Initially we had no issues, then suddenly she was receiving my texts but I was not getting hers. She messed around with some settings with her old phone and this fixed this issue that she was having with others, however we are still experiencing the problem. I have a really old phone, but I've had no issues with others who have the same phone.

Try following the instructions in this thread, I had the same problem and it is because Apple did not release the number from their servers:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...axy-s5-unable-send-receive-text-messages.html

Have a great day

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It is more than that, Apple is being sued for not letting ex iPhone users get their iMessages... they trap them on purpose. And yes, that is even after your number has been ported over to your Android phone.

Search 'news' for Apple lawsuit iMessages

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just turn off iMessage, have her go into her iTunes account and disable her number to the phone, she will need to plug the phone in to be able to do this and if all else fails have att put her in contact with Apple to have them remove the number from their servers.

This whole process will take a few days as it propagates across att servers, I know this since I just had to deal with the same issue this week as I just moved from a 5s to an s5.

In addition have your friends and family remove any current iMessage threads they may have running on their devices. Though you can not have random people do this it just will take time for their phones to update.

One last issue I found was that many of my friends had me in their contacts as iPhone, instead of mobile, I assume this tells the device to use iMessage in the first place.

Make sure they edit your contact and set you as a mobile device and not an iPhone.

treehugginjen

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Newbie here. I am having issues with my Galaxy S5 and sending SMS Failure. MMS messages send just fine and I am receiving text messages just fine. I spoke with Samsung and Virgin mobile and they were unable to help, so Virgin just sent me a new device. I received the new S5 yesterday and had no problems. Today the SMS Failure has returned intermittently. I will show 5 full bars and then all of a sudden drop to zero and then of course my message fails to deliver. Very frustrating for such an expensive device. I had an HTC Evo with Virgin for 2 yrs and not one single problem ever with service or reception. I'm puzzled. Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks in advance for your help