How to automatically link contacts?

Garnes

May 19, 2014
Visit site
On my old HTC Desire HD, the phone found and joined/linked/merged contacts belonging to the same person. On the S5, this seems to be a manual process (e.g. Contacts > Menu > Link Contacts). Note: I have no local contacts, only contacts from Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Outlook.com, work email, etc.

How can I link contacts automatically?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
On my old HTC Desire HD, the phone found and joined/linked/merged contacts belonging to the same person. On the S5, this seems to be a manual process (e.g. Contacts > Menu > Link Contacts). Note: I have no local contacts, only contacts from Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Outlook.com, work email, etc.

How can I link contacts automatically?

Well, i think the linking occurs automatically once you've switch the synchronization on it will merger two same contacts. The manual process is just there to help you out with the merging of contacts having the same name .

Garnes

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Well, i think the linking occurs automatically once you've switch the synchronization on it will merger two same contacts. The manual process is just there to help you out with the merging of contacts having the same name

Hi Kelly. What do you mean with "once you've switch the synchronization on"? Please explain!

Thanks!

Audux

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
in my case, the people app displays all contact information retrieved on the accounts registered on my device.
(i.e Roger Joe on people apps displays his contact information from gmail and fb account)

Yaron DG

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I think that merging should do the work.

You can go to "contacts" (not from the "phone" screens. The bar should be orange, not yellow).
Then you have the "Merge contacts" option under the menu.

The result is a single record for each contact, where the app accounts linked. So, for example, you'll end up with a single record for John Doe, with all it's emails and phones, which is linked to the facebook and linkedin profile.

I found it quite useful.

Indeed it's too bad that it doesn't offer you to link new contacts as the HTC sense does.

jonathanp619

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Solved

Ok, looks like there is no "automatic" way to do this but I found a faster way to do it....

1. Go to the Contacts app.
  2. Hit the 3 dot menu icon.
  3. Select Manage Similar Contacts
  4. Find a contact with duplicatesScreenshot_1.jpg
  5. Select the contacts name, not individual contact. You can select as many contact names as you want and the individual contacts will be linked to the contact name, not all of the contact names you selected as one.
Screenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg
Then hit Link in the top right corner. Done
Screenshot_4.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams