How to automatically link contacts?
On my old HTC Desire HD, the phone found and joined/linked/merged contacts belonging to the same person. On the S5, this seems to be a manual process (e.g. Contacts > Menu > Link Contacts). Note: I have no local contacts, only contacts from Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Outlook.com, work email, etc.
How can I link contacts automatically?
- 05-19-2014, 03:05 AM #2
- 05-19-2014, 03:12 AM #3
Re: How to automatically link contacts?Well, i think the linking occurs automatically once you've switch the synchronization on it will merger two same contacts. The manual process is just there to help you out with the merging of contacts having the same name
- 06-18-2014, 09:02 PM #6
- 06-19-2014, 04:28 AM #7
- 09-09-2015, 05:48 PM #8
- 10-06-2015, 06:07 PM #9
- 1 Posts
Re: How to automatically link contacts?
I think that merging should do the work.
You can go to "contacts" (not from the "phone" screens. The bar should be orange, not yellow).
Then you have the "Merge contacts" option under the menu.
The result is a single record for each contact, where the app accounts linked. So, for example, you'll end up with a single record for John Doe, with all it's emails and phones, which is linked to the facebook and linkedin profile.
I found it quite useful.
Indeed it's too bad that it doesn't offer you to link new contacts as the HTC sense does.
- 12-27-2015, 11:46 PM #10
- 1 Posts
- By jrmama42 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 8Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
- By tess1977 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 05-19-2014, 11:00 AM
- By tess1977 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-19-2014, 11:00 AM
- By mpovolo in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2014, 02:49 AM
- By icewater106 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2014, 01:20 AM