When I hang up a call, why is there that annoying screen?

dochou

May 19, 2014
Visit site
The annoying screen shows the contact info, ie the contacts picture then a box that says "view contact" and 2 other boxes that are buttons to "call" and "Message".
Can I get rid of this option?
When I hang up a call, I just want to go back to my home page Or just the phone contacts page. I don't want the option to text or call the same person right back... I just hung up with this person, why do I need to call him back?
Thanks.

HiddenPuppy

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The annoying screen shows the contact info, ie the contacts picture then a box that says "view contact" and 2 other boxes that are buttons to "call" and "Message".
Can I get rid of this option?
When I hang up a call, I just want to go back to my home page Or just the phone contacts page. I don't want the option to text or call the same person right back... I just hung up with this person, why do I need to call him back?
Thanks.

After a few seconds mine goes back to the normal screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why but Samsung has done this for awhile. You can just hit the back button right after hanging up and it'll go right away.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Bambii68

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I hate that screen too! My HTC didn't do things like that, so my Galaxy S5 is forever freezing up. I've found this phone takes WAY too many taps to perform simple functions. When a call ends, the phone should just go back to the keypad.

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I just tap the back button, never once experienced a freeze or hang.

Rev.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what "Yeah but if you tap too fast, the phone freezes. The keypad should be displayed." even means.

I agree with Rev, hit the back key, or home key and you're back to the home screen in less than one second.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have my S5 programmed so the Home Key will Answer/Cancel the Call.

When I am done talking, I press the Home Key and it goes to the Home Screen.

Beachdude2u

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
The point is, we shouldn't have to. I don't know how many times I have hung up, and in the split second before I can press the home key, I accidently touch the stupid contact speed dial and not realize it. I lay my phone down and hear someone talking that I have mistakenly dialed. Bad design. As a programmer myself, it is a good idea in theory that does not work well in practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith