Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm Done with Spigen

Bought a Spigen glass screen protector and installed it flawlessly. After a couple of weeks however, there are two big bubbles in the screen protector. After contacting them and verifying my purchase they offer to SELL me another one at a reduced price AFTER sending mine in. So I am supposed to go with no screen protector for a week so I can buy another screen protector they won't stand behind? Going with Zagg. Lifetime warranty.

Default Re: I'm Done with Spigen

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    Bought a Spigen glass screen protector and installed it flawlessly. After a couple of weeks however, there are two big bubbles in the screen protector. After contacting them and verifying my purchase they offer to SELL me another one at a reduced price AFTER sending mine in. So I am supposed to go with no screen protector for a week so I can buy another screen protector they won't stand behind? Going with Zagg. Lifetime warranty.
    I got the Zagg Glass. It looks ugly but it's smooth. But once you remove it, it's gameover, there will be bubbles.

I always thought once you remove the screen protector it's useless.

I'm guessing you paid premium for it, sad they can't back it up.

Having said that this is why I spend no more than $10, I get 3-6 packs of Super Shieldz off eBay and haven't had any problems.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

I have the Zagg tempered glass and am glad I paid the money for it, I was hesitant about it at first but it looks great and works well.

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

Luvvitt Tempered Glass here. Best customer service out there.

I have Zagg Glass on mine and I really love it. It's very smooth and is great. I bought mine at best buy and had them install it. Couldn't be happier. It's perfectly aligned, no bubbles, no dusts or particles underneath and no scratches.

The only thing I have a problem with it is that is not edge to edge.

Spigen is great but it's a bit tricky to install for me and doesn't have those things like the Zagg glass have to install.

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Global Posts
    1,868 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

That's unfortunate. I really love thier cases.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

iLoome > Zagg any day of the week.

MIME GHOST > All other screen protectors. Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    That's unfortunate. I really love thier cases.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    I love my Spigen Slim Armor (Electric Blue), well I prefer to use Spigen in general for cases since they make good cases, although it is a bit pricy but definitely worth the cost and it goes well with Zagg Glass.
    Thanked by 2:
    Greg C and bassplayrguy like this.

Global Posts
    4,740 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Luvvitt Tempered Glass here. Best customer service out there.
    Yep, i tried them as well and they do have good quality and you can't beat the price.

Use zagg.

bassplayrguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    iLoome > Zagg any day of the week.
    How is iloome? I just ordered the iloome screen mate flex premium flexible tempered glass. So I'm waiting for it to arrive. With the base of 0.12mm it looks very slim. Slimmer than the Spigen glas.t nano slim and looks promising. I'm digging the hinge method as well.

Right now I am using the Zagg Glass. While I do like it but one issue I have with the zagg is that it's not edge to edge. So the sides tends to collect dust.

Global Posts
    1,868 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    I love my Spigen Slim Armor (Electric Blue), well I prefer to use Spigen in general for cases since they make good cases, although it is a bit pricy but definitely worth the cost and it goes well with Zagg Glass.
    I too have that case. It makes the phone look like the blue version. I also recommend Spigen Neo Hybrid with Metal Buttons. I have the silver color and it makes the phone look very professional.

Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

How is iloome? I just ordered the iloome screen mate flex premium flexible tempered glass. So I'm waiting for it to arrive. With the base of 0.12mm it looks very slim. Slimmer than the Spigen glas.t nano slim and looks promising. I'm digging the hinge method as well.

Right now I am using the Zagg Glass. While I do like it but one issue I have with the zagg is that it's not edge to edge. So the sides tends to collect dust.
    iLoome is great, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Especially over the Zagg!
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I too have that case. It makes the phone look like the blue version. I also recommend Spigen Neo Hybrid with Metal Buttons. I have the silver color and it makes the phone look very professional.
    Yes I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Electric Blue) as well, but I like the slim armor because like you said it looks like a blue S5 (being that even the real Blue S5, the front is black anyways). I'm not sure if it's just me but it appears that the slim armor is easier to hold, i'm not sure if its because of the rounded edges (on the back side) vs the neo hybrid.

Nillkin glass or nothing....
    As good or better than the premium brands at half the price.
    Crystal clear, edge to edge coverage, smooth as silk, beveled edge and 2 camera lens covers for good measure.
    Amazon.com: Nilkin Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Front Screen Protectors for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000/N9002/N9005 - Retail Packaging - Screen Protectors - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Yep, i tried them as well and they do have good quality and you can't beat the price.
    Gotta third this. My luvvitt glass screen protector has been excellent (I've had it for a few weeks). For $10, you really can't go wrong. It's a great product, I would never spend $30 or $40 on another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    MIME GHOST > All other screen protectors. Imo

Used the Ghost and couldn't disagree more. Even the generic Verizon Tempered Glass feels better and collects less dirt. MIME always built up fingerprints and when I wiped it down it smeared similar to a plastic protector. The Zagg Glass is by far the best of any from my experience. Cleaning is as simple as a simple wipe on my shirt.

I have the SlimArmor in Electric Blue but after two days I switched back to Diztronic. That case was just want to slippery. I'm also hopeful the Diztronic works with wireless charging just as it does with the Note 3 and S4. it does with the Note 3 and S4. Also, for the record regarding another poster the Neo Hybrid isn't "metal" buttons. It has "metalized" or in other words plastic buttons that are supposed to be antichip so the look doesn't fade.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

The biggest surprise I get from this thread is that so many people still use screen protectors.

Peace of mind is as good as anything else to spend money on, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    iLoome is great, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Especially over the Zagg!
    I also use iLoome Tempered Glass (9H) on my Note3. I like the Spigen Neo Hybrid case, but I have never tried their Glass protectors.

it seems like zagg and iloome(?) are everyone's fave!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    The biggest surprise I get from this thread is that so many people still use screen protectors.

Peace of mind is as good as anything else to spend money on, I suppose.
    Hold your phone in sunlight at an angle and tell me what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Hold your phone in sunlight at an angle and tell me what you see.
    I see two tiny scratches that were my fault completely. You can avoid scratches without a screen protector. Such as I keep my phone in its own pocket with nothing else.. So it helps to avoid these issues. .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Racer X and Citizen Coyote like this.

Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I also use iLoome Tempered Glass (9H) on my Note3. I like the Spigen Neo Hybrid case, but I have never tried their Glass protectors.
    I've used Spigen's glass protectors and it was top notch as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast