I'm Done with Spigen

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Spigen glass screen protector and installed it flawlessly. After a couple of weeks however, there are two big bubbles in the screen protector. After contacting them and verifying my purchase they offer to SELL me another one at a reduced price AFTER sending mine in. So I am supposed to go with no screen protector for a week so I can buy another screen protector they won't stand behind? Going with Zagg. Lifetime warranty.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Bought a Spigen glass screen protector and installed it flawlessly. After a couple of weeks however, there are two big bubbles in the screen protector. After contacting them and verifying my purchase they offer to SELL me another one at a reduced price AFTER sending mine in. So I am supposed to go with no screen protector for a week so I can buy another screen protector they won't stand behind? Going with Zagg. Lifetime warranty.

I got the Zagg Glass. It looks ugly but it's smooth. But once you remove it, it's gameover, there will be bubbles.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I always thought once you remove the screen protector it's useless.

I'm guessing you paid premium for it, sad they can't back it up.

Having said that this is why I spend no more than $10, I get 3-6 packs of Super Shieldz off eBay and haven't had any problems.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Zagg tempered glass and am glad I paid the money for it, I was hesitant about it at first but it looks great and works well.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Zagg Glass on mine and I really love it. It's very smooth and is great. I bought mine at best buy and had them install it. Couldn't be happier. It's perfectly aligned, no bubbles, no dusts or particles underneath and no scratches.

The only thing I have a problem with it is that is not edge to edge.

Spigen is great but it's a bit tricky to install for me and doesn't have those things like the Zagg glass have to install.

Posted via Android Central App

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I really love thier cases.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I love my Spigen Slim Armor (Electric Blue), well I prefer to use Spigen in general for cases since they make good cases, although it is a bit pricy but definitely worth the cost and it goes well with Zagg Glass.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
iLoome > Zagg any day of the week.

How is iloome? I just ordered the iloome screen mate flex premium flexible tempered glass. So I'm waiting for it to arrive. With the base of 0.12mm it looks very slim. Slimmer than the Spigen glas.t nano slim and looks promising. I'm digging the hinge method as well.

Right now I am using the Zagg Glass. While I do like it but one issue I have with the zagg is that it's not edge to edge. So the sides tends to collect dust.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I love my Spigen Slim Armor (Electric Blue), well I prefer to use Spigen in general for cases since they make good cases, although it is a bit pricy but definitely worth the cost and it goes well with Zagg Glass.

I too have that case. It makes the phone look like the blue version. I also recommend Spigen Neo Hybrid with Metal Buttons. I have the silver color and it makes the phone look very professional.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
How is iloome? I just ordered the iloome screen mate flex premium flexible tempered glass. So I'm waiting for it to arrive. With the base of 0.12mm it looks very slim. Slimmer than the Spigen glas.t nano slim and looks promising. I'm digging the hinge method as well.

Right now I am using the Zagg Glass. While I do like it but one issue I have with the zagg is that it's not edge to edge. So the sides tends to collect dust.

iLoome is great, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Especially over the Zagg!

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I too have that case. It makes the phone look like the blue version. I also recommend Spigen Neo Hybrid with Metal Buttons. I have the silver color and it makes the phone look very professional.

Yes I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Electric Blue) as well, but I like the slim armor because like you said it looks like a blue S5 (being that even the real Blue S5, the front is black anyways). I'm not sure if it's just me but it appears that the slim armor is easier to hold, i'm not sure if its because of the rounded edges (on the back side) vs the neo hybrid.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, i tried them as well and they do have good quality and you can't beat the price.

Gotta third this. My luvvitt glass screen protector has been excellent (I've had it for a few weeks). For $10, you really can't go wrong. It's a great product, I would never spend $30 or $40 on another brand.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
MIME GHOST > All other screen protectors. Imo

Posted via Android Central App

Used the Ghost and couldn't disagree more. Even the generic Verizon Tempered Glass feels better and collects less dirt. MIME always built up fingerprints and when I wiped it down it smeared similar to a plastic protector. The Zagg Glass is by far the best of any from my experience. Cleaning is as simple as a simple wipe on my shirt.

I have the SlimArmor in Electric Blue but after two days I switched back to Diztronic. That case was just want to slippery. I'm also hopeful the Diztronic works with wireless charging just as it does with the Note 3 and S4. it does with the Note 3 and S4. Also, for the record regarding another poster the Neo Hybrid isn't "metal" buttons. It has "metalized" or in other words plastic buttons that are supposed to be antichip so the look doesn't fade.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Last edited:

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The biggest surprise I get from this thread is that so many people still use screen protectors.

Peace of mind is as good as anything else to spend money on, I suppose. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia