Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another Battery Screenshot. 'Splain This! ;)

Well with that last battery screenshot thread, you guys have got me monitoring this more than I should. I've really got better things to do! <lol>
    Last night I took a peak and this is what I see. Only two lines of information. Every other time the entire screen is filled with apps and usage. This morning Android System was on the screen. Is something amiss or am I borrowing trouble?
    Another Battery Screenshot. 'Splain This! ;)-battery.jpg

Another Battery Screenshot. 'Splain This! ;)-screenshot_2014-05-19-12-40-17.jpg

Default Re: Another Battery Screenshot. 'Splain This! ;)

It appears that you had Ultra Power Saving Mode on for 12 hours but the battery level is too low. Something is wrong there. I only lose 1% to 3% overnight with my UPSM.

Screen time is low because you didn't use the phone. But ur OS is very high. You need to figure out what is using up the memory. Time to disable everything with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    Screen time is low because you didn't use the phone. But ur OS is very high. You need to figure out what is using up the memory. Time to disable everything with caution.
    It's high due to that being the biggest drain on the battery.

If someone used their phone lightly.. The OS running will be the biggest drain and therefore show the biggest %. The OS being high isn't always a bad thing as long as the usage warrants it. Now if someone was on their phone for hours and had the screen on etc... And the OS was the highest then it would be an issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:
    dpham00nonie 

Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

If someone used their phone lightly.. The OS running will be the biggest drain and therefore show the biggest %. The OS being high isn't always a bad thing as long as the usage warrants it. Now if someone was on their phone for hours and had the screen on etc... And the OS was the highest then it would be an issue.

Exactly. Something always has to account for battery drain.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

What do you mean by Splain??

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Restart your mobile once. It may solve the problem. Sometimes the uninstalled updates or some corrupted files while updating will try to connect to server again. It happened to me on S3.

Denied. 24 hrs of *nothing* does not eat up 60% charge unless you have a bad battery or some bad software. Even stranger is that Android System hardly registers and none of the phone functions like standby and idle register at all. I think that some apk with a registered function in Android OS task list held the phone awake THE ENTIRE TIME.

2.25% per hour with the screen off and utterly negligible Android System power drain. Op has a permanent wakelock that resides in the OS task scheduler. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Denied. 24 hrs of *nothing* does not eat up 60% charge unless you have a bad battery or some bad software. Even stranger is that Android System hardly registers and none of the phone functions like standby and idle register at all. I think that some apk with a registered function in Android OS task list held the phone awake THE ENTIRE TIME.

2.25% per hour with the screen off and utterly negligible Android System power drain. Op has a permanent wakelock that resides in the OS task scheduler. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    Obviously something is up with the phone not displaying the other apps... I agree. Unless he was ultra save mode or whatever.

So I agree with something being wrong with the stats display but if I left my phone idle for hours I bet money the OS would be the biggest drain on the stats... Since nothing else would be really running.

Edit - also we'd have to see his graph to see how often the phone woke up.

Obviously something is up with the phone not displaying the other apps... I agree. Unless he was ultra save mode or whatever.

So I agree with something being wrong with the stats display but if I left my phone idle for hours I bet money the OS would be the biggest drain on the stats... Since nothing else would be really running.

Edit - also we'd have to see his graph to see how often the phone woke up.

The S5's battery is supposed to be decent especially with browsing, gestures and such power suckers disabled. And right now I am 21hrs on my G Flex, 20% battery, everything enabled except Knockon. Screen 25%, Opera 24%, OS 23% (which is high, usually it is under 15%) and Bard's Tale with HDtex used only 6% playing for forty minutes. All together just those four made 80%, plus 5% for Android System. All other factors used about 15%. When I turn off bt/wifi/gps and avoid browsing more than an hour per day, it goes 3-4 work days sitting Airplane overnight.

An S5 running normally, especially in Power Saver should be able to manage two work days on a charge esp with EPS and or airplane mode overnight. An hour of screen time and two hours of calls per day minimum. Op needs to find and fix the source of that immense drain. Power Saver plus doing nothing, the drain should be more like 1%/hr or less. So the Op is suffering 2-3x the expected drain.

Edit: RIGHTO, S5 it is! Not the Note 3. I am replying in too many subforums. However the fundamental point still stands, that phone is using way more juice than it should when the screen is off.
    Last edited by Relgoshan; 05-20-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Lost the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    The Note's battery is almost as good as the Flex especially with browsing, gestures and such power suckers disabled. And right now I am 21hrs, 20% battery, everything enabled except Knockon. Screen 25%, Opera 24%, OS 23% (which is high, usually it is under 15%) and Bard's Tale with HDtex used only 6% playing for forty minutes. All together just those four made 80%, plus 5% for Android System. All other factors used about 15%. When I turn off bt/wifi/gps and avoid browsing more than an hour per day, it goes 3-4 work days sitting Airplane overnight.

A Note 3 running normally, especially in Power Saver should be able to manage two work days on a charge. Op needs to find and fix the source of that immense drain. Power Saver plus doing nothing, the drain should be more like 1%/hr or less. So the Op is suffering 2-3x the expected drain.
    Agreed and GSam Battery Stats would help.

Also he has a S5 not a Note 3 .

Agreed and GSam Battery Stats would help.

Also he has a S5 not a Note 3 .

Fix'd and agree on need more power stats.