Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ultra power saving

Anyone have any problems using this? Is it better at night, instead of just turning off WiFi and data?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Default Re: Ultra power saving

I think the best way to save battery (I found) is:

- Disable/Remove ALL un-used apps;
    - Change sync settings to when open (I find using Snapdragon BatteryGuru is very effective)
    - Use AutoMateIt/Tasker to make events trigger power saving actions.
    - Minimise Widgets being used, as these require data to refresh
    - If in poor reception, put phone into Airplane Mode (also when you're sleeping you do not really want calls anyway)

I achieve all of this with the following:

1- 2 Rules on AutoMateIt; when battery is less than 30% disable: sync, WiFi, 3/4G, set screen to 25% brightness, with 1 minute timeout and; If WiFi is idle/not connected, disable with a delay of 5 minutes.

2- Snapdragon on, with all programs set to sync when opened, not in background. Although some exceptions are made; Weather, Traffic and E-Mail.

3- I disable the stock SMS and use Hangouts (or vice versa), disable Mail and use G-Mail, disable all inbuilt notes, task and internet as we often use our own defaults etc.

All in all after doing this, I now can use my phone almost continually from 05:00am to 09:00pm and have 30-40% left.

These simple things help extend battery life considerable- although having apps like this run in the background can be just as draining.
    nonie likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I ask because I will be traveling soon and want to leave my phone on at night and do want it to ring if I get an emergency call from home. But I don't want it to eat up my battery. If I have ups on, when I want it disabled just click it off? Will the lock screen be the same as I have it now.
    I guess just wondering if any one had any problems, while using it or disabling it?

Am having some issues while using this ultra power saving mode; the screen brightness goes very dull and screen cant be seen. Than i had to press restart or hit the icon again and its very difficult; is anybody faces the same problem.
    nonie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prithvitheprime View Post
    Am having some issues while using this ultra power saving mode; the screen brightness goes very dull and screen cant be seen. Than i had to press restart or hit the icon again and its very difficult; is anybody faces the same problem.
    enable ups, then settings brightness, there is an adjustment there slider and auto check box
    just checked, good here
    nonie likes this.

I love it. I use it at night and still get my phone calls and messages throughout the night and my alarms still go off in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    nonie likes this.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

UPS is my favorite mode. My phone calls and text messages work and I only lose a very small amount of battery juice.

I only turn it off when I want to use my apps or play music.

I average 5.5 days of battery use before I need a recharge. I only wish my Kindles offered this mode.
    nonie likes this.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Yes, Kindle app would be awesome.

Posted via Android Central App