Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

Default Ultra power saving

Anyone have any problems using this? Is it better at night, instead of just turning off WiFi and data?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Default Re: Ultra power saving

I think the best way to save battery (I found) is:

- Disable/Remove ALL un-used apps;
    - Change sync settings to when open (I find using Snapdragon BatteryGuru is very effective)
    - Use AutoMateIt/Tasker to make events trigger power saving actions.
    - Minimise Widgets being used, as these require data to refresh
    - If in poor reception, put phone into Airplane Mode (also when you're sleeping you do not really want calls anyway)

I achieve all of this with the following:

1- 2 Rules on AutoMateIt; when battery is less than 30% disable: sync, WiFi, 3/4G, set screen to 25% brightness, with 1 minute timeout and; If WiFi is idle/not connected, disable with a delay of 5 minutes.

2- Snapdragon on, with all programs set to sync when opened, not in background. Although some exceptions are made; Weather, Traffic and E-Mail.

3- I disable the stock SMS and use Hangouts (or vice versa), disable Mail and use G-Mail, disable all inbuilt notes, task and internet as we often use our own defaults etc.

All in all after doing this, I now can use my phone almost continually from 05:00am to 09:00pm and have 30-40% left.

These simple things help extend battery life considerable- although having apps like this run in the background can be just as draining.
    nonie likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

Thanks

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

Well, I ask because I will be traveling soon and want to leave my phone on at night and do want it to ring if I get an emergency call from home. But I don't want it to eat up my battery. If I have ups on, when I want it disabled just click it off? Will the lock screen be the same as I have it now.
    I guess just wondering if any one had any problems, while using it or disabling it?

Am having some issues while using this ultra power saving mode; the screen brightness goes very dull and screen cant be seen. Than i had to press restart or hit the icon again and its very difficult; is anybody faces the same problem.
    nonie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prithvitheprime View Post
    Am having some issues while using this ultra power saving mode; the screen brightness goes very dull and screen cant be seen. Than i had to press restart or hit the icon again and its very difficult; is anybody faces the same problem.
    enable ups, then settings brightness, there is an adjustment there slider and auto check box
    just checked, good here
    nonie likes this.

I love it. I use it at night and still get my phone calls and messages throughout the night and my alarms still go off in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    nonie likes this.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

UPS is my favorite mode. My phone calls and text messages work and I only lose a very small amount of battery juice.

I only turn it off when I want to use my apps or play music.

I average 5.5 days of battery use before I need a recharge. I only wish my Kindles offered this mode.
    nonie likes this.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Yes, Kindle app would be awesome.

Posted via Android Central App