Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Default Google Play movies freezes/restart my Galaxy S5.....anyone with same issue?

Just came from iPhone5 and got the GS5. Great phone and platform so far! Added 32GB micro disc (PNY), formatted it and working fine with storing data on it. I then downloaded two movies from Google play and when I try to watch the movies, it'll play for a second, freeze and restart the phone. I tried to download the movies to internal memory (16GB) and same results. Hopefully it isn't the PNY card but would like some input before getting a new card, if need be.

Anyone having the same issue and or had it and fixed the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Samsung-SM-G900A

Default Re: Google Play movies freezes/restart my Galaxy S5.....anyone with same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tier1556 View Post
    Just came from iPhone5 and got the GS5. Great phone and platform so far! Added 32GB micro disc (PNY), formatted it and working fine with storing data on it. I then downloaded two movies from Google play and when I try to watch the movies, it'll play for a second, freeze and restart the phone. I tried to download the movies to internal memory (16GB) and same results. Hopefully it isn't the PNY card but would like some input before getting a new card, if need be.

Anyone having the same issue and or had it and fixed the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Samsung-SM-G900A

Default Re: Google Play movies freezes/restart my Galaxy S5.....anyone with same issue?

Same problem, although I was streaming. The movie played fine until about halfway. It froze and restarted my phone. I tried to play it again and got the same result 3-4 times.