How do I Sync my Outlook 2010 calender to my Samsung S5 ?

IBMJunkman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
If you mean Outlook on a PC you need the KIES 3 software from Samsung installed on the PC.
Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

You can pick what you want to sync. Watch out what you sync. The software 'sees' many Outlook files. You only want to sync the main one.

The software also lets you backup the phone.

andymca1

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Kies 3 fails to sync calendar/schedule with outlook - I believe this is software error with latest update..
Tried to open a ticket via Samsung website but all links on the contact page are inactive!!!
Does anyone know what is going on?

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I recommend AkrutoSync. When it comes to sync, the most important thing is your confidence in your data. I trust AkrutoSync to do a complete and accurate sync of contacts, calendar and tasks. Another important thing for me is that I do not want my sync software to dictate that I use specific apps on my phone to access my data. You can use AkrutSync with the standard apps that come with the phone, or if you like say some calendar widget or a phone dialier/contacts app, you can get that from Google Play. You are not limited by the sync software.

txhepcatz

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Google has a sync app to sync outlook and the Google calendar....I have had my set up this way for years and it syncs in real time. I have outlook 2007 on my desktop though.

Posted via Android Central App

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Google has a sync app to sync outlook and the Google calendar....I have had my set up this way for years and it syncs in real time. I have outlook 2007 on my desktop though.

Posted via Android Central App

Google Calendar Sync as a free app was discontinued some time back. If you already had it installed, as I did, it will continue to work but you cannot install it now and have it work. Also, it would only do calandar sync, not contacts or tasks.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Google Calendar Sync as a free app was discontinued some time back. If you already had it installed, as I did, it will continue to work but you cannot install it now and have it work. Also, it would only do calandar sync, not contacts or tasks.

If you have Windows 8, this isn't the case. Windows 8 broke the sync between Google's program and Outlook, which is a bummer, as that worked wonderfully for me.

andymca1

May 26, 2014
Visit site
For those of you experiencing problems syncing Galaxy S5 with Keis3, the following worked for me
In Keis3 go to tools - Preferences - Device
Ensure the check boxes for Contacts, Schedule & ToDo are ticked
Press initialise syncing log
Press OK to close the dialog box

Close the App then re-open..... Syncing should now work between Outlook and Keis3

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just received an email from Google indicating that calendar sync will no longer work.

"Important Announcement about Google Calendar Sync
Almost two years ago, we announced that we ended support for Google Calendar Sync. Starting on August 1, 2014, this app will no longer sync events between your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
You can continue to access all of your Google Calendar events at calendar.google.com or on your mobile devices. Follow these instructions to uninstall Google Calendar Sync from your computer.
- The Calendar Team"

As a result I am now looking for a new app for my desktop to sync with Google Calendar and Contacts.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
As a result I am now looking for a new app for my desktop to sync with Google Calendar and Contacts.

Walter,

Give CompanionLink a try. In addition to calendar, we support sync for Contacts, Tasks, and Categories/Groups. Our product is backed by phone support which really makes a difference when you just need to speak to someone to resolve things.

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Plus one for the app MyPhoneExplorer Client. I have used this with two different phones now. It is free. It works very well. I love it.

Edit: It works with WiFI, with Bluetooth, and with USB. Very nice program.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Walter,

Give CompanionLink a try. In addition to calendar, we support sync for Contacts, Tasks, and Categories/Groups. Our product is backed by phone support which really makes a difference when you just need to speak to someone to resolve things.

I am currently using Google Calendar Sync and my computers and Android phone sync over the Internet.where ever I have a connection. I want to may sure my devices sync even if I am not at my office or home. Does CompanionLink work this way? And, if so does that require a subscription?

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
I want to may sure my devices sync even if I am not at my office or home. Does CompanionLink work this way? And, if so does that require a subscription?

No subscription required; CompanionLink is available as a one-time purchase.

Your devices will sync to Google irrespective of your PC being on. They use whichever data connection is available.

If you wish to sync Outlook, of course, your PC will need to be on. CompanionLink runs in the background on your PC.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No subscription required; CompanionLink is available as a one-time purchase.

Your devices will sync to Google irrespective of your PC being on. They use whichever data connection is available.

If you wish to sync Outlook, of course, your PC will need to be on. CompanionLink runs in the background on your PC.
While testing can I continue to run Google Calendar Sync (until it goes away Aug. 1) and CompanionLink at the same time? And, how many devices can I install CompanionLink on?

Thanks!

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
While testing can I continue to run Google Calendar Sync (until it goes away Aug. 1) and CompanionLink at the same time? And, how many devices can I install CompanionLink on?
Thanks!

Based on experience, I wouldn't recommend running two sync systems at the same time. That's asking for trouble.

One purchase of CompanionLink can be installed on 3 PCs that you own.

Paul Traynor1

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
don't use companionlink it wont work. cost my $50 bucks for nothing then I tried to get my money back guarantee and it was like getting blood from a stone, except you don't even get blood.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
don't use companionlink it wont work. cost my $50 bucks for nothing then I tried to get my money back guarantee and it was like getting blood from a stone, except you don't even get blood.

Paul,

We track all emails in our support system. I don't see any refund requests made by you. I'll consider your forum post here as a refund request. Your $49.95 has been refunded back to your original form of payment this morning.

That's really how easy it is to get a refund.

We also offer free phone support and would love to work with you to try to get your sync working. We've been in business since the early '90s and we've learned that it's not just about the $49.95 sale.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11