It Has Finally Arrived!

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered an OEM blue back the minute I got my S5 and it has finally arrived after many days of delayed delivery (it got stuck in Philly for 5 days) by USPS. I always wanted a blue S5 but since Verizon only sells black and white at the moment, I figured the clean look of the white with the striking look of the blue would look pretty cool together. I'm sure it won't be for everyone but I really like it.

And yes, it has the real waterproof seal.

20140521_144514_zps2a0a036a.jpg

photo_2_zps565d19fb.jpg

photo_1_zps2d4f28bd.jpg

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Very cool. Especially for us Colts fans here in Indianapolis!

Thanks!

And just think, if you get so excited you pee all over it, it's water proof. Bam! Winning!

I'm trying to contain myself but no promises!

I am waiting for ATT to come out with the Red ones

Red? I didn't know a red one was coming.

where the hell did u buy it?

Ebay!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...132637%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201088293537

Hey,OP I know you (smile), Congrats on the new device and Blue cover. Bet that looks KOOL together.

Thanks, Spencer! Good to see you here! :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My white back (from Verizon) doesn't look like that. Are you sure it's genuine? Right under the camera, I have Verizon and 4GLTE
To the right of of the speaker, the back of phone says Galaxy S5. I do like it tho and love white and blue together :) I have a Jawbone Jambox that has a royal blue speaker wrapped in snow white :)

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
My white back (from Verizon) doesn't look like that. Are you sure it's genuine? Right under the camera, I have Verizon and 4GLTE
To the right of of the speaker, the back of phone says Galaxy S5. I do like it tho and love white and blue together :) I have a Jawbone Jambox that has a royal blue speaker wrapped in snow white :)

The carrier logos aren't there because it didn't come from Verizon. When I had the Galaxy S3 back in the day, I got several rear covers directly from Samsung, and in terms of branding they was exactly the same as this one.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Cool. Thanks for the link. I may consider getting one. Although I do have a Spigen Slim armor in Electric Blue so I don't think I really need the back cover. Plus, I use a case anyway, so it won't show the back.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Cool. Thanks for the link. I may consider getting one. Although I do have a Spigen Slim armor in Electric Blue so I don't think I really need the back cover. Plus, I use a case anyway, so it won't show the back.

No problem. I have a case ordered as well that still hasn't come but I got clear so I could still see the blue back; but now that I have it I'm considering just using it without a case.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Since I've gotten a few messages asking if it was authentic, I thought I'd further lay out what I was saying about my old GS3 back and how they too said only "Samsung" on the rear. Here's a picture (from the internet, not my specific phone) of the OEM rear door for the GS3.

IMG-4985-1.jpg

soli2005

May 13, 2012
Visit site
20140521_172604.jpg

Got mine as well last Friday! But I went back to my S View Flip Cover just yesterday! I like my phones without carrier branding too. This is what I love about the removable backs. I ordered a pebble blue cover for my previous S3.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually I ordered one hehe. Even though I will use the slim armor electric blue case but I'll still put on the blue back cover because i don't like the carrier branding imbedded on the case.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd be VERY cautious with that. CHanes are it's not 100% GENUINE from Sammy. Just an FYI, be careful man, might not be water rsistant even though I do see the protective seal.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the above. I do wish that Samsung store would sell the back cover in various colors and I can put my mind at ease that it is actually an OEM directly from Samsung.

One thing to be very careful is not to buy it directly from China as they do sell many counterfeit product. I think the link above is legit though.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 119364

Got mine as well last Friday! But I went back to my S View Flip Cover just yesterday! I like my phones without carrier branding too. This is what I love about the removable backs. I ordered a pebble blue cover for my previous S3.

Actually I ordered one hehe. Even though I will use the slim armor electric blue case but I'll still put on the blue back cover because i don't like the carrier branding imbedded on the case.

I like the lack of carrier branding as well but I especially love the look and feel of the Samsung logo. It makes it look much more sophisticated than a simple printed logo. That was one of the reasons that I bought replacement backs for my GS3 as well.

Oh, and Soli, what color is your S5 on the front, black or white?

I'd be VERY cautious with that. CHanes are it's not 100% GENUINE from Sammy. Just an FYI, be careful man, might not be water rsistant even though I do see the protective seal.

I understand the skepticism, but I've gone over every nano-meter of this cover and it is completely identical in details and materials to my original. There's no doubt in my mind that it's from Samsung. At the same time, though, I'm not planning on getting my phone wet, despite it's water-resistance. I'm not one to dunk my phone in a sink just because I can. I never got my water-resistant fitness bands wet either. I always air on the side of caution. :)

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Many of these things come right off the same production lines as the ones that come on the phone. I suspect this, which I also have, is that same thing. My cover is so exact that it couldn't possibly be a knock off- just wouldn't be worth the cost of producing them if they weren't coming from the same place as OEM.

I also bought the gold just for the hell of it. Black is on its way, because the "Samsung" is just so much better than printed at&t logo.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy