Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Transfer my S4 memo in to S5 from Kies..remains unresolved

Hi All,

I transferred my S4 memos into Kies and exchanged it for S5. We all now know that using smart switch is the only option to get those old memos in to S5. But in my case I do not have my s4 to use smart switch on it. I have my memo backed up in Kies.

Any one know how can I load my memo into my S5 which was backed up in Kies now?

Thanks
    Suren
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Transfer my S4 memo in to S5 from Kies..remains unresolved

I wonder..why no one is not responding to this. Am I the only one being stuck with this silly issue?

You are not the only one, several threads with the same issue.

Unfortunately, no one has figured out a way to extract an old backup from Kies from a prior phone to the S5.

It would have been best to just export the notes, them import them.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Why not they can just take the older version of memos and convert them compatible to S Note or whatever they call it.

Its been months I am still here with this problem and no proper solutions yet. Not so good for a brand Samsung with small small issues keep unnoticed

Suren

Thumbs down Re: Transfer my S4 memo in to S5 from Kies..remains unresolved

I transferred from a Blackberry to an S4 and had to rebuild all my notes and memos. I expected that. But this is total bull-crap when I can not transfer all my data from an S4 to an S5 phone. Notice I didn't say smart phone - Samsung is the dumbest company. They should make a conversion SOOOO Very Simple from a 4 to a 5. But no - force us to jump thru hoops and/or rebuild the files. They promote Kies but that is virtually useless - I lost apps I had bought and no -Planer and S-notes didn't come over. Contacts did - whoppee!
    Anybody got a solution for my problem.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Surend ran View Post
    Hi All,

I transferred my S4 memos into Kies and exchanged it for S5. We all now know that using smart switch is the only option to get those old memos in to S5. But in my case I do not have my s4 to use smart switch on it. I have my memo backed up in Kies.

Any one know how can I load my memo into my S5 which was backed up in Kies now?

Thanks
    Suren
    Did you sync your S4 through your Samsung account? If you did, then in your S5 sNote (all files screen) app just import from Samsung account.

The panda has spoken