Does the alarm clock only work in Ultra Power Savings Mode if you add it to your UPSM home screen?

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
If you set an alarm and then turn on ultra power saving mode - and the alarm icon shows in the top right of the notifications bar - will it still not go off unless you have added it as an additional app on the UPSM home screen? The default ones are Phone, Messages, Internet, with the option to add 3 more... do you have to have added it there in order for the alarm to actually go off while in UPS mode?

bgask1717

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, your best bet is to try it yourself. Set an alarm to go off in a few minutes, without adding the app to UPSM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, your best bet is to try it yourself. Set an alarm to go off in a few minutes, without adding the app to UPSM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I actually did last night . I set my alarm then turned UPSM since I didn't have my charger. My alarm didn't go off this morning. Lol. I wasn't sure if this was a glitch or if the alarm just doesn't work in that mode unless you set it as one of your apps.

mujobest

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
If you set an alarm and then turn on ultra power saving mode - and the alarm icon shows in the top right of the notifications bar - will it still not go off unless you have added it as an additional app on the UPSM home screen? The default ones are Phone, Messages, Internet, with the option to add 3 more... do you have to have added it there in order for the alarm to actually go off while in UPS mode?

Hello mate. If you don't add it in UPSM mode, you will not wake up in the morning. It happened to me !

This post explains how to use apps in ultra power saving mode:
Use alarm clock in Ultra Power Saving Mode (UPSM) on Samsung

cyoker

Nov 11, 2023
Visit site
hiya,

My clock app IS in my UPSM home screen. I have tried the following:
1) Deleted the clock app cache.
2) REMOVED my Clock app from UPSM home screen.
3) Restarted my phone.
4) Re-ADDED my Clock app to UPSM home screen.
5) re-started my phone.

When i set the alarm (via my UPSM home screen) ..The following happens:
1) The "alarm" appears at the top of the screen (no sound)
2) When I click on the alarm notification at the top of the screen, the alarm then kicks in..Useless.. It ALWAYS works if i'm NOT in UPSM mode, but why would i want the phone in high energy mode when i'm sleeping?

Any ideas?

Ta,

Chris