Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the alarm clock only work in Ultra Power Savings Mode if you add it to your UPSM home screen?

If you set an alarm and then turn on ultra power saving mode - and the alarm icon shows in the top right of the notifications bar - will it still not go off unless you have added it as an additional app on the UPSM home screen? The default ones are Phone, Messages, Internet, with the option to add 3 more... do you have to have added it there in order for the alarm to actually go off while in UPS mode?

Default Re: Does the alarm clock only work in Ultra Power Savings Mode if you add it to your UPSM home scree

Honestly, your best bet is to try it yourself. Set an alarm to go off in a few minutes, without adding the app to UPSM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does the alarm clock only work in Ultra Power Savings Mode if you add it to your UPSM home scree

Quote Originally Posted by bgask1717 View Post
    Honestly, your best bet is to try it yourself. Set an alarm to go off in a few minutes, without adding the app to UPSM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I actually did last night . I set my alarm then turned UPSM since I didn't have my charger. My alarm didn't go off this morning. Lol. I wasn't sure if this was a glitch or if the alarm just doesn't work in that mode unless you set it as one of your apps.

I had to add the alarm to UPSM home screen to get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    I had to add the alarm to UPSM home screen to get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks! Good to know in case I need to use UPSM in the future. I will be sure to add it to the home screen.