- 414 Posts
Yet another question for the community. My friend has a note 2 and we were playing around with SBeam. We have activated/enabled all settings in order for SBeam to work, NFC, android beam, and Wi-Fi direct. But for some reason SBeam will not work when we put our phone back to back. We do not have cases on the phone's.
My thoughts are the OS. I'm running 4.4.2 on my S5 and he has the latest version of JB. Is there something I'm missing or do we have to have the same OS version to use SBeam.
BTW, I know we have Wi-Fi direct but SBeam is way faster in sharing larger files and we can do this wherever we like, ex. Not in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Let me know!
Sent from my S5 via AC Forum App
- 05-22-2014, 11:43 PM #2
You do not need the same OS version to use S-Beam. When you put the phones together are you holding them back to back for a few seconds?
The phones should vibrate and then you will have to touch the picture or file on the screen for it to send.
- By bustedsails in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 02:53 PM
- By pdub73 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 13Last Post: 04-22-2014, 01:10 PM
- By dannyv09 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2014, 04:56 PM
- By tem#AC in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 01-26-2014, 05:00 PM
- By _X_ in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 06-11-2013, 09:30 PM