Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SBeam

Hello all,

Yet another question for the community. My friend has a note 2 and we were playing around with SBeam. We have activated/enabled all settings in order for SBeam to work, NFC, android beam, and Wi-Fi direct. But for some reason SBeam will not work when we put our phone back to back. We do not have cases on the phone's.

My thoughts are the OS. I'm running 4.4.2 on my S5 and he has the latest version of JB. Is there something I'm missing or do we have to have the same OS version to use SBeam.

BTW, I know we have Wi-Fi direct but SBeam is way faster in sharing larger files and we can do this wherever we like, ex. Not in a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Sent from my S5 via AC Forum App

Global Posts
    6,613 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: SBeam

You do not need the same OS version to use S-Beam. When you put the phones together are you holding them back to back for a few seconds?
    The phones should vibrate and then you will have to touch the picture or file on the screen for it to send.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan