Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ryguy2008's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Hi everyone,

    First week with my first Android phone (the S5!). Coming from the BlackBerry Bold 9700... So it's a nice jump.

    I had to delete my Samsung account and recreate it due to an error I kept getting on one of the Samsung sites. I think it's because I made my account during a maintenance period. Called way too many support departments, who all insisted this is not their responsibility, call someone else. Finally one guy agreed to escalate it, but told me it will take a few weeks to fix. Great way to appease a new customer.

    That said, here is my question:

    I know that the Samsung Apps store automatically updates installed apps. However, as I had to erase my account and recreate it, my purchased apps list is empty. Will the Apps store automatically update my installed Samsung apps anyway? For example, if a new version of "S Health" is released, will it still auto-update it? It recognizes that it is installed. It just doesn't show in my purchased apps list.

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    702 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2008 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    First week with my first Android phone (the S5!). Coming from the BlackBerry Bold 9700... So it's a nice jump.

    I had to delete my Samsung account and recreate it due to an error I kept getting on one of the Samsung sites. I think it's because I made my account during a maintenance period. Called way too many support departments, who all insisted this is not their responsibility, call someone else. Finally one guy agreed to escalate it, but told me it will take a few weeks to fix. Great way to appease a new customer.

    That said, here is my question:

    I know that the Samsung Apps store automatically updates installed apps. However, as I had to erase my account and recreate it, my purchased apps list is empty. Will the Apps store automatically update my installed Samsung apps anyway? For example, if a new version of "S Health" is released, will it still auto-update it? It recognizes that it is installed. It just doesn't show in my purchased apps list.

    Thanks!
    Well, I don't think that application will automatically update the S Health application, because that s health application is purchase using the account which you have deleted not the new account, anyway I think the samsung representative is only the person who can help you more on this !! I think you should wait for the reply of the samsung representatives because I don't user the Samsung apps to purchase application rather than I preferred going with the Google Play Store. Samsung Application store is full of crapware apps, I'll say rather than using Samsung App Market Place, try using the Google PlayStore.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ryguy2008's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Well, for someone running the latest version of Samsung Apps, can you please see if something like S Health or other main Samsung Apps appear in your list of purchased apps.

    This should help me answer my question.

    Thanks.
  4. #4  
    sjaduae's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2008 View Post
    Well, for someone running the latest version of Samsung Apps, can you please see if something like S Health or other main Samsung Apps appear in your list of purchased apps.

    This should help me answer my question.

    Thanks.
    S health should auto update its not a purchased app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ryguy2008's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Right. But does it appear in the list of purchased apps? How about Samsung group play? This was not pre-installed on my phone.
  6. #6  
    sjaduae's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy2008 View Post
    Right. But does it appear in the list of purchased apps? How about Samsung group play? This was not pre-installed on my phone.
    I said it is not a purchased app so no it wont appear

    Group Play is an additional utility that does appear on purchased apps
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    All of the apps auto update to the latest version.
    To me it is annoying and a waste of battery power. I have turned updates off.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    ryguy2008's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Apps Auto-Update Question

    On your "Purchased Apps" list, does it show Samsung-made apps? Like "S Health", "S Voice", "Group Play", "Group Camcorder" etc.?

    Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. How can I save an (APK?) app and reinstall later?
    By paisley99 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 01:34 AM
  3. Can I replace just one app icon?
    By paisley99 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 11:31 PM
  4. My Fellow S4 Brothers and Sisters; Question...
    By Murph5150 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 12:03 AM
  5. YouTube app shows videos as 3D capable
    By glc650 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions