non responsive

hairdini

May 8, 2014
Visit site
My phone froze today and i could not even turn it off. I ended up taking the battery out and put it back in and now it wont come on. I dont know what else to do.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Pull the battery out of your phone for a few minutes (I'd say 10 is a good amount), and then try to turn it on.
If that doesn't work...put it to charge for a couple of hours just to make sure it isn't just low on power

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To echo what UJ said, I would pull the battery for at least the specified time, and then charge for at least three hours.

From a Cyan M8

hairdini

May 8, 2014
Visit site
you have 14 days to return it and my 14 days was last thursday. Surely they will exchange it. I did not drop it or do anything to it. In fact i been telling everyone how much i loved it and i was glad i switched from the iphone..

- - - Updated - - -

I did just that. Its been charging about 2 hours and still nothing.

hairdini

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Pull the battery out of your phone for a few minutes (I'd say 10 is a good amount), and then try to turn it on.
If that doesn't work...put it to charge for a couple of hours just to make sure it isn't just low on power
Tried everything and still nothing

chonghak

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar thing happen to me. I used the phone until the battery completely ran out and the phone shut off on its own. Nothing unusual up until that point.

But, after that, the phone became completely unresponsive, just like yours. I even went to a Verizon store and tried a fully charged battery, but the phone just would not do anything.

It was within a replacement period, thankfully. I guess S5 may have a sudden death syndrome.

Posted via Android Central App