Every time I unlock my phone it opens to play store automatically.

PViera55

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Recently an application requested me to download "NBA game time" to use an additional feature. I opted out of downloading it. But I have noticed that since then 3 out of 5 times I unlock my phone it unlocks to the NBA game time app page in the play store. I now don't remember which app suggested this download. So I assume it was the sports center app but can't find anything that would keep triggering this issue. Any help please! I even download the app and deleted to see if it would stop but to no success

Posted via Android Central App

Bob Hutko

May 1, 2015
Visit site
This happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good luck. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.

Androniks

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Nexus 5 since recent update to Marshmallow version. My phone runs phone calling app along with every unlocking. It is terrible, very annoying... bother me to use my phone on demand. Is there any solution? Please, advise....

007jpsu

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem from last 3 to 4 days. Any solution found? I installed 360 and AVG, both detected nothing...

Hi! I faced the same problem but I was able to successfully resolve it. I will share with you the nature of my problem and it's solution while keeping in mind the fact that there could be several reasons behind this problem and other users may need to resort to different methods.
Whenever I unlocked my screen while my data was switched on, a blank page would automatically start up and eventually lead to to a page in playstoreSo I tried these methods and found out which app was causing the problem -
1. As soon as soon as the app started after unlocking I minimized it and sought to identify the app by it's name. However, there was nothing but white minimized screen. In other words, the app seemed to have no name and therefore it couldn't be identified. This failed for me;
2. Then I checked the list of all the recently downloaded apks from my browser and was able to identify which one of them was installed but was not listed under Settings->apps-> downloaded. I did this by clicking on all the apps one after another. If they're not installed there would the usual installation message. If they're already installed then you would get the message "would you like to install an update to this existing...". On finding apps that were already installed, I checked the apps list in my phone to find those names. Finally, I came across an installed app which was not listed. The app package had no icon though it had a download package name "DARK-SWORD-ANDROID-APK-HACK-MOD-DOWNLOAD-8742.apk". On finding this, I checked the list of installed apps in my ES file explorer (because I knew that the app was not listed under settings>apps). As I scrolled down to the end I found an app that had blank icon with blank title. I uninstalled it and, voila! The problem is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aparajita_fof

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I faced the same problem but I was able to successfully resolve it. I will share with you the nature of my problem and it's solution while keeping in mind the fact that there could be several reasons behind this problem and other users may need to resort to different methods.
Whenever I unlocked my screen while my data was switched on, a blank page would automatically start up and eventually lead to to a page in playstoreSo I tried these methods and found out which app was causing the problem -
1. As soon as soon as the app started after unlocking I minimized it and sought to identify the app by it's name. However, there was nothing but white minimized screen. In other words, the app seemed to have no name and therefore it couldn't be identified. This failed for me;
2. Then I checked the list of all the recently downloaded apks from my browser and was able to identify which one of them was installed but was not listed under Settings->apps-> downloaded. I did this by clicking on all the apps one after another. If they're not installed there would the usual installation message. If they're already installed then you would get the message "would you like to install an update to this existing...". On finding apps that were already installed, I checked the apps list in my phone to find those names. Finally, I came across an installed app which was not listed. The app package had no icon though it had a download package name "DARK-SWORD-ANDROID-APK-HACK-MOD-DOWNLOAD-8742.apk". On finding this, I checked the list of installed apps in my ES file explorer (because I knew that the app was not listed under settings>apps). As I scrolled down to the end I found an app that had blank icon with blank title. I uninstalled it and, voila! The problem is gone.
I registered just to say thanks... Thanks to you it's solved. I believe got this from when I connected phone to laptop with USB debugging and that app installed one into my phone apparently to do the job to recover the list data from my sd card... I guess that's a hoax too. But yeah... Thanks

higgins thomas

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi...I found the app with no name or icon in my phone....But the uninstall button is disabled.and the only button enabled is clear cache...which does not solve the problem...please help.....Thanks

Last edited:

Mykooool

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Thank you so much for this answer.

Benedict Thomas

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi...I found the app with no name or icon in my phone....But the uninstall button is disabled.and the only button enabled is clear cache...which does not solve the problem...please help.....Thanks

Hi...download ES file explorer....In that select manage apps..then check for the app with no name and icon..finally uninstall it... Good luck

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Check for any rogue app on the phone (or an app / adware that has installed without notifying you, like the ones during browsing Internet).
Uninstall this app (of course) & then perform a 'Wipe Cache Partition' from Recovery menu.
If still the issue persists, a nice Factory Reset (from Recovery menu) should fix all the issues (and also make the phone better, once & for all :)).

Bama1982

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Hey whats up. I had the same issue with the uninstall button grayed out. You have to go to settings then to security. Once in security click on device/phone administrators. It will bring up a list of apps. Uncheck the app you want to get rid of. It will ask you to disactive click yes. After you have done this go back to apps find the app and you can uninstall it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma