Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Every time I unlock my phone it opens to play store automatically.

Recently an application requested me to download "NBA game time" to use an additional feature. I opted out of downloading it. But I have noticed that since then 3 out of 5 times I unlock my phone it unlocks to the NBA game time app page in the play store. I now don't remember which app suggested this download. So I assume it was the sports center app but can't find anything that would keep triggering this issue. Any help please! I even download the app and deleted to see if it would stop but to no success

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Default Re: Every time I unlock my phone it opens to play store automatically.

check what's running and see if you can track back what app or process is triggering this

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I have the same issue, but it opens to Uber and android remote control.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same problem but with Snapchat.

Same for me only with Flickr and pen.up apps popping up. Help!! Please! Someone! It's so annoying!

This happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good luck. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.

I have the same problem on my Nexus 5 since recent update to Marshmallow version. My phone runs phone calling app along with every unlocking. It is terrible, very annoying... bother me to use my phone on demand. Is there any solution? Please, advise....

Quote Originally Posted by jtphoenixga View Post

same problem i have started to face from couple of days. Antivirus detects nothing. Did you find any solution

I have same problem from last 3 to 4 days. Any solution found? I installed 360 and AVG, both detected nothing...

Carrier
    Marshmallow Android 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by monesh View Post
    I have same problem from last 3 to 4 days. Any solution found? I installed 360 and AVG, both detected nothing...
    Hello and welcome to Android Central monesh!

Have you tried wiping your phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide (applies to Marshmallow as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ironass View Post
    Hello and welcome to Android Central monesh!

Have you tried wiping your phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide (applies to Marshmallow as well).
    [SOLVED] Just downloaded malwarebytes app. Found that a program gave itself administrative access and could not delete it without manually disabling it. Fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by monesh View Post

Hi! I faced the same problem but I was able to successfully resolve it. I will share with you the nature of my problem and it's solution while keeping in mind the fact that there could be several reasons behind this problem and other users may need to resort to different methods.
    Whenever I unlocked my screen while my data was switched on, a blank page would automatically start up and eventually lead to to a page in playstoreSo I tried these methods and found out which app was causing the problem -
    1. As soon as soon as the app started after unlocking I minimized it and sought to identify the app by it's name. However, there was nothing but white minimized screen. In other words, the app seemed to have no name and therefore it couldn't be identified. This failed for me;
    2. Then I checked the list of all the recently downloaded apks from my browser and was able to identify which one of them was installed but was not listed under Settings->apps-> downloaded. I did this by clicking on all the apps one after another. If they're not installed there would the usual installation message. If they're already installed then you would get the message "would you like to install an update to this existing...". On finding apps that were already installed, I checked the apps list in my phone to find those names. Finally, I came across an installed app which was not listed. The app package had no icon though it had a download package name "DARK-SWORD-ANDROID-APK-HACK-MOD-DOWNLOAD-8742.apk". On finding this, I checked the list of installed apps in my ES file explorer (because I knew that the app was not listed under settings>apps). As I scrolled down to the end I found an app that had blank icon with blank title. I uninstalled it and, voila! The problem is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jtphoenixga View Post

mine does the same thing and its so damn aggravating!

Quote Originally Posted by 007jpsu View Post
    Hi! I faced the same problem but I was able to successfully resolve it. I will share with you the nature of my problem and it's solution while keeping in mind the fact that there could be several reasons behind this problem and other users may need to resort to different methods.
    Whenever I unlocked my screen while my data was switched on, a blank page would automatically start up and eventually lead to to a page in playstoreSo I tried these methods and found out which app was causing the problem -
    1. As soon as soon as the app started after unlocking I minimized it and sought to identify the app by it's name. However, there was nothing but white minimized screen. In other words, the app seemed to have no name and therefore it couldn't be identified. This failed for me;
    2. Then I checked the list of all the recently downloaded apks from my browser and was able to identify which one of them was installed but was not listed under Settings->apps-> downloaded. I did this by clicking on all the apps one after another. If they're not installed there would the usual installation message. If they're already installed then you would get the message "would you like to install an update to this existing...". On finding apps that were already installed, I checked the apps list in my phone to find those names. Finally, I came across an installed app which was not listed. The app package had no icon though it had a download package name "DARK-SWORD-ANDROID-APK-HACK-MOD-DOWNLOAD-8742.apk". On finding this, I checked the list of installed apps in my ES file explorer (because I knew that the app was not listed under settings>apps). As I scrolled down to the end I found an app that had blank icon with blank title. I uninstalled it and, voila! The problem is gone.
    I registered just to say thanks... Thanks to you it's solved. I believe got this from when I connected phone to laptop with USB debugging and that app installed one into my phone apparently to do the job to recover the list data from my sd card... I guess that's a hoax too. But yeah... Thanks