Battery life help

Debo45215

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting terrible battery life on my S5. I've only has a few days but as of today I woke up at 6 AM and it's 8:12 when I'm posting this and I've lost about 40% power. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-10-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-10-43.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-10-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-10-49.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 70

Debo45215

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I look under downloads and there's nothing that you downloaded today so I don't know why media is using so much power.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-18-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-23-08-18-38.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 73

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum acceptable to you.
2. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
3. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
4. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
5. Use WIFI over Cellular data when possible. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
6. Be careful of using an excessive number of live widgets.
7. If you Sync Exchange Emails - set old email sync for 30 Days or less.
8. Do NOT use a Task Killer Battery Saver App.
9. Turn off Google Now and Location Reporting if you don't use it.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Turn on ultra power saving mode which really saves battery life when not in use. I only lost 1% during the 6 hours it was in idle.

Or

Just charge your device every night.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Battery Tips for Android

1. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum acceptable to you.
2. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
5. Use WIFI over Cellular data when possible. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
8. Do NOT use a Task Killer Battery Saver App. (I do use Battery Doctor, it is power efficient)

These are very good things to do. Amazon Suites is the worst consumer of battery power there is. It is constantly streaming data back/forth to its' servers. Go into Settings/Application Manager/ALL and find Amazon Suites and all of the other Bloatware apps. Turn them OFF.

The most efficient Wallpaper is Black. Why? it does not need any battery power to display.

I use Screen Sleep setting of 10 minutes, but I toggle the Power Button as soon as I am through looking at the screen.

I always use WiFi if available, and Widgets that constantly keep things updated are Power Suckers, they will bleed your battery dry.

I have configured my S5 to totally minimize power use. It will go 4 days between charges as I have reported in several of the Battery Drain threads.

Clicky => http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/846871-want-improve-battery-life-heres-how.html

I use the Battery Doctor's two widgets to control the phone's access to the outside world. (they are NOT live, they are Switchers... thus static)

ie, when my phone screen is asleep, so is the outside world.
DATA, SYNC, WIFI, GPS, BLUETOOTH are all turned OFF.
This is too extreme for some people, but the penalty for constant access to the outside world is a loss of Battery Power.

Here is a short post on my use of Battery Doctor:
clicky => http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-access-4g-lte-off-galaxy-s5.html#post3660760

Study as much as you can read on the Battery Drain threads, they will give you a lot of info.

Here is a very long post I wrote on fine tuning the S5 for minimal battery use and configuring the phone itself.

Clicky => http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/846645-biggest-annoyance-s5-2.html#post6573457

Randy Shaw

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
my phone in the morning says stay awake, 8 hrs (when i click on the android op system i think is where i see that)...and i have lost half of my battery life, how do i make it NOT stay awake?

and it was on airplane mode that entire time, this is going on for about 4 nights now...before that no problem if left in airplane, no new apps installed

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
In addition to what everyone else is saying, if you have a normal routine, you MAY want to check out Lama. It's a profile app that can basically automatically put your phone in various settings depending on time, location, and a few other things.
After taking the time to set it up, I've added about 6hrs of battery use between charges.

Some profile I like to set up are things such as:
10AM (Wifi & Data off. Brightness at 5%, Notifications OFF - I'm asleep)
5AM (Wifi on, Notifications on, Sync on for 10min)
Home Wifi (disable mobile data)
Office Wifi (Mobile data off, Enable Wifi Calling, Sync off)

Basically the more time and thought you put into setting it up, the more battery life you can conserve and the more convenient you can make your phone. But ultimately you're only held back by your imagination in regards to the app.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't get why people are so fussed about their battery usage. If you use the phone as intended with moderate to heavy use, i.e the screen is constantly on for hours each day, it will drain the battery at about 10% or more per hour, fact!

So for me i can get about 10hrs usage or 20-24hrs usage if i leave it in ultra power saving mode overnight. But why worry about it, if there's enough juice available for a whole working day, all you have to do is charge it overnight!

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Battery Tips for Android

8. Do NOT use a Task Killer Battery Saver App.

I don't do any of this except of course not using task killer or battery saver and my phone will last a day or two with hours of screen time.

Something is wrong buddy, you have a run away app or something. I use my phone for a good 17 hours and I am still over 50% and that includes 2-3 hours of screen time.

Tandeb

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
hello buddy me too having the same problem in my Samsung galaxy core...have u found any solution? please reply, I visited Samsung care, but they only installed new os and nothing else.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Used my gs5 every half an hour.. works great for me! Also played fut15.. closed apps on time.. :)

Attachments

• 1414517769782.jpg
    1414517769782.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25

Sreenath Garlapati

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Is Samsung is smart phone ? we have to use this as old phone with only call option to get battery life... I hate IOS and now with samsung s4 wow this is most junk phone i never used in my life. 1hr 93% battery drain with just saying Andriod OS. i dont even know what the hell it mean and how to fix this. 16hrs i'm keeping charge to use 4 hrs in day. that is why they called the next big thing is here... it wants power plants to use...