Over 10years with blackberry now S5 email setup questions

jdh4

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok one thing blackberry was good at, email. Just picked up the S5 and trying to figure out how to set up the phone for what I need. What I want to do is set up 8 email accounts and put them in a separate folder. Then is it possible to get a main email account that all 8 accounts would be in for a quick view.

Then how do i set up each account to have a different led notification so with out turning on the screen i would know which account i received email from?

Is this possible if so how?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok one thing blackberry was good at, email. Just picked up the S5 and trying to figure out how to set up the phone for what I need. What I want to do is set up 8 email accounts and put them in a separate folder. Then is it possible to get a main email account that all 8 accounts would be in for a quick view.

Then how do i set up each account to have a different led notification so with out turning on the screen i would know which account i received email from?

Is this possible if so how?

First, welcome to Android!
Second, I never really used my phone for emails, so I will give this a shot. Samsung's general email app should allow you to view all you email accounts for your quick view. As for the separate email accounts all in a folder, you can try to see if they all have apps in Play, then set up a folder on your homescreen. However, the way I just suggested might give you double notifications.

I don't think different LED lights can be set without root access.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You need to look at MyMail, an app that does handle multiple email accounts.

The app that comes with the S5 is not good for what you want.

Clicky => https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/apps/details?id=com.my.mail&token=9Em5mm5H

MyMail also has a web interface where you can control or read/send your emails from. The good version is a paid email box that will pull in all of your external accounts into one place.

You can look at that here => ?reate your own cool @my.com email address! | myMail - free Email client

WiKipedia has a very good explanation of how it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyMail

jdh4

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help i will check the suggestions out to see if that will work for me. How do you make a folder and name it? Then add the apps into the folder?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help i will check the suggestions out to see if that will work for me. How do you make a folder and name it? Then add the apps into the folder?

Good luck - I'm in the same boat coming from BlackBerry for past 10 years also. Love the S5 so far coming from BB Z10.

To create a folder, just long-press one of the app icons and drag it to top of screen where you should see the "create folder" icon. It prompts you to name the folder. Once created, just long-press other apps icons and drag and drop them into newly created folder.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use the Gmail app. Since you have 8 email accounts, you can use light flow to assign different colors notifications for different accounts and even different labels within each account.

If you don't have Gmail then you can have the email from the different accounts forwarded to Gmail, and set up filters so that each of the 8 email accounts is forwarded to a different label. Then set up the label to the color you want on light flow.

ydy9eqy4.jpg

a6uhu5eb.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

yes, I have a screen dedicated to Folders. Folders reduce the clutter on your home screens.

How to Make a Folder:
Bottom right of your Home Screen, touch the Grid to see all of the internal apps. Touch the 3 Dots upper right, Select "Create a Folder"​

Move that folder to the screen you want it on.
Depress and hold down on an icon and move that icon inside a folder.​

I named them in no particular order.​

FINANCE
banks, etc...​

INTERNET
Forum apps, Craigslist, Chrome, Evernote, MyMail, TapaTalk​

TOOLS
Clean Master, 1Tap Boost, Reverse Lookup, Mobile print, SideSync 3.0​

GPS
Speedtest, SpeedView, Speed Limit Free, MyCar Locator Free, Ulysse Speedometer, Navigate, GPS Status, GPS Essentials, I am Here​

NEWS
local TV news apps​

WIFI
Interference Analyzer, WiFi Analyzer, WiFiScanner, WiFi Manager, WiFi Overview 360 Pro​

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
You can use the Gmail app. Since you have 8 email accounts, you can use light flow to assign different colors notifications for different accounts and even different labels within each account.

If you don't have Gmail then you can have the email from the different accounts forwarded to Gmail, and set up filters so that each of the 8 email accounts is forwarded to a different label. Then set up the label to the color you want on light flow.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/24/ydy9eqy4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/24/a6uhu5eb.jpg
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Does light flow affect battery life at all?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I assume you are a professional. If so you should really look at Touchdown. It is going to be the closest interface to BlackBerry. Has most of the enterprise features you are used to. I would also look at Nine Exchange. A new app but very nice. I use Nine because it integrates your calendar with the phone calendar while touchdown keeps them separate.

Both are great options coming from BlackBerry. Good luck.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I came from BlackBerry and found k9 mail most satisfying. but.... truely, nothing is as good as bb email imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

lgdlman

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I was an old school bb user myself. Been the way of iPhone and WPand now loving my S5.

The stock email app does exactly what you want and described. It consolidates the accounts as well as let's you set up each with their own signatures as well as the ability to pick and choose which accounts you want notifications on. You can also decide which ones show up in Norifications, with nor without sounds and with nor without vibrations. Yes, you even get an old school light for notifications.

Best of all worlds!!

jdh4

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I was using the Google email app and could not figure out how to add more addresses the i tried the stock one and now can add all of them I will see how this works for a few days I will also check out light flow as this is what I need for each account. Also loving the S5 so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez