Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi popup problem

Ok guys I have an annoying problem. I have the Galaxy s5 and I keep it connected to wifi at home at all times. Well there is a popup small screen at the bottom that popups every 2-4 minutes telling me that the wifi is connected. Any ideas on how to disable wifi notification?

Default Re: Wifi popup problem

i had that happen 1 time then no more
    is your wifi good or might it be dropping off?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mark5019 View Post
    i had that happen 1 time then no more
    is your wifi good or might it be dropping off?
    All my other devices work ok. I also have the new HTC One M8 and it works fine my cousins S4 works fine. But my brothers new S5 keeps popping up and warning him that he is connected or it has been connected, not sure. It might be dropping.

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I was thinking the same thing as mark5019. I would look at the wifi connection in Settings. So, Settings>Wifi> looking at the list of all possible connections, you should see the state of yours. If the device is having a hard time staying connected, you should see it disconnect, reconnect, and authenticate in a loop.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as mark5019. I would look at the wifi connection in Settings. So, Settings>Wifi> looking at the list of all possible connections, you should see the state of yours. If the device is having a hard time staying connected, you should see it disconnect, reconnect, and authenticate in a loop.
    Ok I am on the wifi screen and it says connected. It also scans for networks every 10 seconds. The popup shows every 30 secconds it seems while on this screen. The popup just tells me that is has been connected to my network. Let me change security settings for a sec and see.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It stays connected and doesn't drop at all but still the popup comes up telling im connected. Ive changed everything and nothing is working!

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by armyranger516862006 View Post
    Ok I am on the wifi screen and it says connected. It also scans for networks every 10 seconds. The popup shows every 30 secconds it seems while on this screen. The popup just tells me that is has been connected to my network. Let me change security settings for a sec and see.
    So there is no disconnect happening at all?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So there is no disconnect happening at all?
    I've been staring at the screen for minutes and it stays connected. But the splash screen at the bottom pops up telling me that ive been connected. I have two routers to extend my network. Well I connected to my main router and it seems to have fixed the problem which is weird becasue i have other devices connected to it and no prob.

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I've been staring at the screen for minutes and it stays connected. But the splash screen at the bottom pops up telling me that ive been connected. I have two routers to extend my network. Well I connected to my main router and it seems to have fixed the problem which is weird becasue i have other devices connected to it and no prob.
    Hopefully, I think I know what is happening. Go to Settings>wifi>click menu. You should see advanced options. CLick that, then see if avoid poor connections is checked.
    What might be happening is your phone may be shifting routers and giving you the toast message.

Phone Timeline
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hopefully, I think I know what is happening. Go to Settings>wifi>click menu. You should see advanced options. CLick that, then see if avoid poor connections is checked.
    What might be happening is your phone may be shifting routers and giving you the toast message.
    Ok i did that and it was checked so i unchecked it and so far nothing on the other router lol! Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Ok i did that and it was checked so i unchecked it and so far nothing on the other router lol! Thanks for the help!
    Has that helped the toast messages?

Phone Timeline

I am having this same exact issue... but following your instruction, i dont have any options that say anything about poor connection to check or not??

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by elykoj View Post
    I am having this same exact issue... but following your instruction, i dont have any options that say anything about poor connection to check or not??
    So you have no advanced options in WiFi?

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Phone Timeline