GS5... 5Ghz Wifi issue with higher channels.
So, got my new S5 home and tried to connect it to the same 5Ghz wifi network my note 3, GS4, X, iPad Mini W/Ret, iPad Air, iPhone 5S are connected too... and the S5 couldn't see the 5GHZ SSID.
It appears the problem is around the router's wifi channel.
My router's default channel for 5GHZ is 153. When you try and change it, you get pop-up saying for best performance use higher channel and recommends 149-161... If I change 5ghz to channel 48 or lower, and the S5 sees the 5GHZ!! As soon as I go back to 149 or higher, the S5 no longer sees my 5Ghz wifi.
Router: Netgear R6300 (v1) AC1750 with firmware V220.127.116.11_1.0.33 (I have not upgraded the router firmware due to known issues) Channel selection options for 5Ghz are 36,40,44,48, 143, 153, 157, 161.
Oh, and yeah, 2.4Ghz works just fine.
- 05-23-2014, 01:32 PM #2
- 05-23-2014, 01:48 PM #3
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: GS5... 5Ghz Wifi issue with higher channels.
Hi I am seeing the same issue with my S5, it connects at all the lower channels on 5GHz 36, 40, 44, 48 but the moment I switch to any of the following 149, 153, 157, 161 it cannot connect to my 5GHz ssid.
- 05-23-2014, 02:10 PM #4
- By armyranger516862006 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 13Last Post: 02-06-2015, 05:23 PM
- By kimmeyh in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2014, 09:05 PM
- By sparker781 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 06-07-2014, 05:33 PM
- By jdh4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 13Last Post: 05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
- By Mimi Lynn in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 2Last Post: 05-24-2014, 05:36 PM