- 88 Posts
Wi-Fi keeps scanning even with a very strong signal???
if i click on wifi within settings, to the right of wifi networks, "scanning" keeps popping up, like its constantly scanning for a wifi signal?? my signal is very strong so no idea why it just keeps searching? i imagine this is affecting my battery as well doing this, correct? how do i stop this?
- 05-23-2014, 04:32 PM #2
- 05-23-2014, 04:35 PM #3
Re: Wi-Fi keeps scanning even with a very strong signal???
All W-Fi rescans like that. It's nothing to be concerned about.
Now the things you should make sure you have unchecked in wifi for best functioning and least battery consumption (and I'm not certain you have the same settings since i'm on a Galaxy Note 3) but in Advanced settings, make sure Always allow scanning is unchecked and Auto network switch is unchecked.
- 06-07-2014, 09:07 PM #4
- By anon8880866 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 14Last Post: 05-15-2016, 04:59 PM
- By AlexMartin0 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 2Last Post: 06-02-2014, 06:58 AM
- By calvin2 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
- By Mark_Venture in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2014, 09:29 AM
- By markybunch12 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2014, 10:59 AM