- 39 Posts
So, the S5 has a 1080p screen, but I notice that my Ultraviolet Collection from Vudu at least will only download 720p (it might actually be 480p) – from the file sizes I assume Flixster is 720p (or 480p) as well.
I know YouTube for example varies between my smart tv and Blu-ray player. The tv can stream 1080p and the Blu-ray can’t – presumably the app just doesn’t support it or maybe the hardware can’t play it so it doesn't support it idk.
Anyone know for sure if anything – Neflix, YouTube, etc. are actually providing 1080p on the S5?
- 05-23-2014, 04:59 PM #2
Re: 1080p Content
Check Vudu's terms for each movie. Some films (blame the distributors on this one) are limited to SD or 720p for mobile devices. I'm not sure about the S5 or Vudu or Flixter, but I've been able to stream full HD content on a Note 3 in YouTube and Netflix. Also, it might be that the app is due for an update; I remember that I could only get 720p on my Note 3 and after a Netflix update, it got bumped to 1080p.
- 05-23-2014, 05:12 PM #3
- 05-23-2014, 05:17 PM #4"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- 05-24-2014, 01:57 AM #5
- 05-24-2014, 02:13 AM #6"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Galaxy Note 4
- By Alan Weaver in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2014, 03:41 PM
- By polocanada in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
- By Frackdroid in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2014, 03:42 PM
- By cfdj1971 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM