Spam filter on email disappeared?

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In the stock email app on my S3, there was always a button you could push to get rid of spam on your phone (or to mark an address as spam). I don't see it on the S5. Is it gone? Do you have to turn it on?

Between this and the inability to sync properly, they really screwed up the email app.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
In the stock email app on my S3, there was always a button you could push to get rid of spam on your phone (or to mark an address as spam). I don't see it on the S5. Is it gone? Do you have to turn it on?

Between this and the inability to sync properly, they really screwed up the email app.

Press and hold the offending email and wait till it is selected by a tick tap the icon at the bottom which is a round symbol with a diagonal line and + symbol to add it to your registered spam list

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just double checked on my S5 to see if SPAM reporting is available on "MyMail" and I am happy to say that it is.

So, disable the S5 email app and install MyMail.

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it LOOKS like I might have success. I completely changed several of my IMAP settings. I now have "none" checked under "security type" and I also changed the Ports.

In addition to the sync problem I've been having, the "spam filter" button has now come back!

Let's see if it sticks!

fjrma

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Check the settings in the personalize section on your phone. It's probably set up as "Easy Mode". Switch this to standard mode and a few things happen. What I've found so far is that the spam button returns and also, if you haven't noticed, you probably don't have all of the button and modes in the camera app. By changing out of easy mode, the settings button and the balance of the camera modes reappear.

David Marc Ashton

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Taking a look at your screen shot of the light blue with no 'blocking' icon. I have the same issue. could you explain in detail how you fixed it please?

Cheers in advance.

P_L_J

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I went into my Application Manager and did a Force Stop on the default email app. Cleared the cache and data. Then went in and opened the email app and entered my email address and password. All is good now.... my spam button is back. I do not have the technical verbiage the other uses have but I hope everyone gets the idea.

MsGotTaLuVmEE

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, it LOOKS like I might have success. I completely changed several of my IMAP settings. I now have "none" checked under "security type" and I also changed the Ports.

In addition to the sync problem I've been having, the "spam filter" button has now come back!

Let's see if it sticks!

Please help and advise how you changed your I MAP settings on your S5 to resolve the email issue with spam and syncing of emails.

Thanks!

Bird65

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody! Had the same problem on my S5. I finally watched a Samsung-Video about setting up the Email Account on the S5 and realized that the only way to change the Server-Settings from POP to IMAP is : 1. Delete your current Mail-Account from your S5. 2. Now tap the email-Icon and set up your Account again- BUT after you´ve entered your password you go on MANUAL SETUP and there you can choose the IMAP Server!
Bloody Hell, finally...

pinkmonkey007

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
OMG!!! This worked!!

I lost my spam filter a few weeks ago, no idea why. I cleared cache and data in application settings, then when prompted, added IMAP instead of POP3 settings and the spam filter is back :):):)