Disable Wireless Charging Notification Sounds on Galaxy S5

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know of way to disable the wireless charging sound without rooting or silencing all notifications? This is pretty annoying not being able to turn it off. The first notification when I place the phone on the charger I'm fine with. It's the ones throughout the night that wake me. I've read when it's up to charge and trickling back down, or getting hot and pausing charges is why this happens. The only solution I found is rooting, which I rather not do until Knox isn't tripped.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wireless Charging

I have Battery Doctor app installed and I don't hear those sounds on either my old Galaxy S which is still in use as a backup Alarm Clock w/no service; nor my S5. Battery Doctor gives you an option to hear sounds or turn them off.

check it out, no rooting required and Verizon won't let me anyway.

* Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) - Android Apps on Google Play

make sure you study all of the Mode menus and program the Whitelists for each.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Might also consider the Sound Profile app to turn notificatiins off during certain hours.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Bert Shure

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the beep problem with my Galaxy S5.

Which settings on Battery Doctor did you tweak to turn off the beeping?

I've been unable to turn if off with Sound Profile.

Thanks!

rubdom

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I can't figure it out. There are 2 sounds when wireless charging. One is very quiet and one is very loud. It seems that the quiet one comes on when you remove the phone and put it back immediately. The loud sound is annoying and I can't figure out how to disable it except for disabling all sound which I can't do since I am on call 24/7 and need to hear my phone.

Any ideas on how to get wireless charging sounds to go away?

rubdom

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'm a total newb to rooting. I downloaded and ran. The phone rebooted and now what? Is there a step by step guide? I'm stuck at trying to install the right clockwork mod recovery.....my device is not listed

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm a total newb to rooting. I downloaded and ran. The phone rebooted and now what? Is there a step by step guide? I'm stuck at trying to install the right clockwork mod recovery.....my device is not listed

After rooted you may want to install root checker and see if you successfully rooted. You may also want to visit the xda forums as well.

Posted via Android Central App

rubdom

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
After rooting, how did you change the sound?

Thanks!

Step by step:
1. Root your phone
2. Download root browser
3. Find the wireless charging sound: system>media>audio>ui>WirelessChargingStarted.ogg
4. Rename the file to something unique (i used oldWirelessChargingStarted.ogg)
5. Find a sound you like and copy the file
6. Rename the copied sound file to WirelessChargingStarted.ogg
7. Profit

Bert Shure

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Friends:

The beep is back!

Tonight I made a very small mp3 file with no sound and converted it to an OGG file, and moved it to my phone with Airdroid, and put it in the proper place.

I checked permissions, rebooted and I'm still hearing the beep.

I moved the renamed OldWire* file to another directory.

Aargh.

renej

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I am new to all of this stuff. Where did you download the ATT root and other downloads that are needed (checker and others).
Crossing fingers I do not ruin my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm