S5 Gallery lags and then crashes...wtf?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Shame your BF truck did not run over it lol but I bet there's a catch

Look at all that practice you will get putting it back how you like it, you will be surprised how quickly you can do it

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Shame your BF truck did not run over it lol but I bet there's a catch

Look at all that practice you will get putting it back how you like it, you will be surprised how quickly you can do it

Haha..well even if I ran it over or it got stolen, I'd still get a "like new" pre-owned S5. I'm just pissed that I waited home all day to get the phone and then it ends up being defective.

On a side note - So....with this Kies...whats the deal with that? Because it definietly didn't make a mirror image of my phone on the replacement phone I got. Is there any way to do that? I want to it to be so that I can literally just plug it in and download the restore to the new phone and pretty much go...anything like that?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha..well even if I ran it over or it got stolen, I'd still get a "like new" pre-owned S5. I'm just pissed that I waited home all day to get the phone and then it ends up being defective.

On a side note - So....with this Kies...whats the deal with that? Because it definietly didn't make a mirror image of my phone on the replacement phone I got. Is there any way to do that? I want to it to be so that I can literally just plug it in and download the restore to the new phone and pretty much go...anything like that?

I can't help you with Keis but in order to have a complete backup, you'd have to be rooted and use something like Titanium. I'm not an expert with rooting but I know it's not doable on the S5 - yet.

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I can't help you with Keis but in order to have a complete backup, you'd have to be rooted and use something like Titanium. I'm not an expert with rooting but I know it's not doable on the S5 - yet.

Yeah...I don't want to root the phone. I guess I just got excited when people where talking about Kies because having to re-do my phone is going to be annoying. With the Kies it does put some things back on there, but other things I'll just have to do manually. Just annoying is all.

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Are they gonna give u a new phone or a refurbish one?

They are giving me a "like new" phone - they claim they are phones in mint condition that have been returned within the 14 day return policy. Just funny because I mentioned to them yesterday how I really didn't want a used phone since I paid for a new phone, and that if it came and it was scratched or anything, I wouldn't want it. OF course it came, and the screen was all messed up. Best way to describe it is have you ever looked at a computer screen through a camera? The screen is moving around all weird? THAT'S what the replacement phone was doing...what a joke. I'd like to know who cleared that phone as "like new" condition.

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thats some BS then. That is consider a USED PHONE.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! That's what I said! But they'd loose mad money if they just gave everyone new phones all the time. I was kinda upset about it because I bought my S3 AND S4 outright ($700 each!!) to keep my unlimited data, PLUS I pay like $6.99 a month for insurance on the phone in case I break it, lose it, it gets stolen...whatever. So point being that I've spent good money with Verizon and i've never filed an isurance claim or anything. You'd think the one time I have an issue, they'd take care of me. lol. They did give me a $45 credit for the hassle and to replace the tempered glass screen protector that I purchased (that I can't transfer to my replacement phone) So that was ok...

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
If they are just gonna give u a used phone no point in buying insurance. Either find another store or switch carrier. Sorry

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
If they are just gonna give u a used phone no point in buying insurance. Either find another store or switch carrier. Sorry

Well...if someone steals my phone, I would get another S5 for a $100 deductible. If I didn't have the insurance, I'd have to pay full price, unless I had an upgrade (which I just used to get my S5) So I like having the insurance for those purposes

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Be more responsible and save some money! :)

LOL - I've actually never lost or damaged a cell phone. It's just for piece of mind Also, Like I said, I bought my S3 and S4 out of pocket for $700 each. If I had lost one or something I would have been out some serious cash. The insurance carries over...so I've had it since my S3

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I want to it to be so that I can literally just plug it in and download the restore to the new phone and pretty much go...anything like that?

Only via rooting using Titanium backup pro,

Kies is ok your data, sms, phone logs, general settings ringtones, alarms, screen savers should be there it's apps, accounts passwords and your layout won't

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Only via rooting using Titanium backup pro,

Kies is ok your data, sms, phone logs, general settings ringtones, alarms, screen savers should be there it's apps, accounts passwords and your layout won't

Ah ha...gotcha! Well at least its better than nothing I guess!! Hopefully my second "new" phone works perfectly!

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Second nearly new phone LOL

Got my second replacement phone and so far so good! No problems with the Gallery. I haven't had a chance to factory restore my old phone and check the gallery yet because I only have one battery for the S5. When they send you a replacement they only send you the phone, no battery or back to the phone, which I prefer anyways since I know my battery last forever. That's all I need is for them to send me a battery that doesn't hold a charge as well or something....LOL Anyways, I'll be factory restoring my old phone tonight and let you know if the gallery works!!

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Its a win win, if it does not work your happy with new S5 if it does work you will know it was just a glitch :)

Still good info for others, so let us know

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Got my second replacement phone and so far so good! No problems with the Gallery. I haven't had a chance to factory restore my old phone and check the gallery yet because I only have one battery for the S5. When they send you a replacement they only send you the phone, no battery or back to the phone, which I prefer anyways since I know my battery last forever. That's all I need is for them to send me a battery that doesn't hold a charge as well or something....LOL Anyways, I'll be factory restoring my old phone tonight and let you know if the gallery works!!

The reason why they send it like that is because it's a refurbish phone, they want you to re-use ur battery and back cover.

Dlrainer

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Alrighty,

I restored my old phone and the gallery worked fine. Must have been some kind of glitch, which hopefully doesn't carry over to my new phone. LOL.

bgesullo

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having pretty much the same issue. I will open the gallery to show someone a picture and it will lag for a good 4 minutes tops and sometimes it will crash. Have done a hard reset about 4 times now. Hopefully getting an exchange soon