S5 scroll?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This from the manual.

Using the smart scroll feature
Set the device to scroll the screen up or down by tilting your head or the device. You can use
this feature while viewing emails or webpages.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and interaction → Smart
scroll, and then drag the Smart scroll switch to the right.
Use the following options:
• Tilting head: Set the device to scroll the screen up or down when you tilt your head
upwards or downwards.
• Tilting device: Set the device to scroll the screen up or down when you tilt the device
forwards or backwards.
• Speed: Adjust the speed for scrolling the screen.
• Visual feedback display: Set the device to display a visual feedback icon when the device
recognises your action.

Get the manul here: * PDF manual from Samsung - Android Forums

soulgood

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the help man but,
I want to view my pages from left to right without "limitation" I hope that u do understand what im saying in my question..."left to right" or "right to left"..

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I do understand that completely.... that is why I leave that kind of stuff to my desktop PC.

I have scroll turned OFF.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the help man but,
I want to view my pages from left to right without "limitation" I hope that u do understand what im saying in my question..."left to right" or "right to left"..

I see what u are saying...you mean continuous scroll of your home screens so it doesn't stop automatically at the last one
I use Nova Launcher which has the option to do so, just go into Nova settings and enable the option

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I see what u are saying...you mean continuous scroll of your home screens so it doesn't stop automatically at the last one
I use Nova Launcher which has the option to do so, just go into Nova settings and enable the option

I think he really means being able to scroll a page of text from Left to Right so he can read the whole sentence/paragraph.

soulgood

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I think he really means being able to scroll a page of text from Left to Right so he can read the whole sentence/paragraph.

Thx AZgl, but the app is a bit much.
Cant I do this in my settings on my S5? I know that could on my S4.
Did they do away with this feature?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Depends on which carrier you have.
It is not available on the Verizon models.

Did you get in here late?

I just posted how to a few posts back.

This from the manual.

Using the smart scroll feature
Set the device to scroll the screen up or down by tilting your head or the device. You can use
this feature while viewing emails or webpages.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Accessibility → Dexterity and interaction → Smart
scroll, and then drag the Smart scroll switch to the right.
Use the following options:
• Tilting head: Set the device to scroll the screen up or down when you tilt your head
upwards or downwards.
• Tilting device: Set the device to scroll the screen up or down when you tilt the device
forwards or backwards.
• Speed: Adjust the speed for scrolling the screen.
• Visual feedback display: Set the device to display a visual feedback icon when the device
recognises your action.

Get the manul here: * PDF manual from Samsung - Android Forums

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
AZgl1500, I'm wondering how you have scroll turned OFF if you're on Verizon. Like you pointed out, Verizon doesn't offer this feature.

soulgood

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I want "scroll" from left -> right and come back around to my 1st page. I have 9pages or screens that have apps on them that I use some that I use are on page7 and some are on the 1st page and I would like to get to a page just scrolling forward not backwards.

stcole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
If you delete my magazine you can scroll through all of your screens and come back to the homescreen..

Alternatively you can use the fast scroll feature where you see the little home button with the other (squares- which represnt the other screens) to scroll quickly through the screens.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I want "scroll" from left -> right and come back around to my 1st page. I have 9pages or screens that have apps on them that I use some that I use are on page7 and some are on the 1st page and I would like to get to a page just scrolling forward not backwards.

Don't think that is going to happen.

I have my Home Screen setup as #1 far left.

A single touch of the HOme Screen button puts the phone back to #1 screen again, almost as good as what you are talking about.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you need a launcher like smart launcher pro. On the left of the screen are tabs for the various pages with the app icons on them. You just hit the tab for the page you want you don't have to scroll through other pages to get to it and back again. Here is a screenshot of mine.
edudepy8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you delete my magazine you can scroll through all of your screens and come back to the homescreen..

This is exactly right. If you don't use that stupid My Magazine app you can remove it or disable it then all your home screens will scroll around. I have my set ot only have 3 screens with my main home screen being in the center position. You can scroll all the way around in either direction to get back to your main home screen.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

That's the way mine is setup and it doesn't work like that. Am I missing something?

Mine is the Verizon version and I have 4 screens.

It's not a huge deal, but after 2 years with Sense it's kind of annoying.

stcole

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That's the way mine is setup and it doesn't work like that. Am I missing something?

Mine is the Verizon version and I have 4 screens.

It's not a huge deal, but after 2 years with Sense it's kind of annoying.

Well im from the UK. Maybe Verizon doesnt support it. Im not too sure..

Perhaps someone else can answer this.

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Scroll is not working on my att phone. I tried both the options. Is there any other setting i need to enable.

Last edited: