- 2 Posts
Brand New Galaxy S5 Completely Dead?
I literally just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5. Yesterday, I went through the manual, set everything up, basically got to know how the phone works. By the end of the day, I had low battery, so I charged the phone overnight. This morning I unplugged the phone, and nothing works. I mean the screen doesn't register touch, the front button doesn't work, the volume button doesn't do anything. The only button that does work is the lock button on the right. Is there any kind of hard reset or something I can do, or do I need to just take it back to Best Buy?
- 05-25-2014, 11:28 AM #2
Re: Brand New Galaxy S5 Completely Dead?
Holding the power button down for 10 seconds should cause it to restart, but the battery is also removable on that device, so if that doesn't work you could power down and remove the battery manually. If you do that, leave it out for 30 seconds or so, put it in again and try to power it on. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to troubleshoot a device NIB from yesterday if it were me though, IMO stuff out of the box should just work and if the solution isn't pretty simple, then yeah I'd make it their problem to troubleshoot.
- By soulgood in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 28Last Post: 03-01-2016, 12:00 AM
- By SwiftHax in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 05-26-2014, 03:08 PM
- By eric002 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2014, 05:18 AM
- By steve Sharra in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:32 AM
- By radibg2 in forum Photo & Video LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 05-25-2014, 08:42 AM