Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cbw19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brand New Galaxy S5 Completely Dead?

I literally just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5. Yesterday, I went through the manual, set everything up, basically got to know how the phone works. By the end of the day, I had low battery, so I charged the phone overnight. This morning I unplugged the phone, and nothing works. I mean the screen doesn't register touch, the front button doesn't work, the volume button doesn't do anything. The only button that does work is the lock button on the right. Is there any kind of hard reset or something I can do, or do I need to just take it back to Best Buy?
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,680 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Brand New Galaxy S5 Completely Dead?

Holding the power button down for 10 seconds should cause it to restart, but the battery is also removable on that device, so if that doesn't work you could power down and remove the battery manually. If you do that, leave it out for 30 seconds or so, put it in again and try to power it on. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to troubleshoot a device NIB from yesterday if it were me though, IMO stuff out of the box should just work and if the solution isn't pretty simple, then yeah I'd make it their problem to troubleshoot.
    Thanked by:
    cbw19 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Brand New Galaxy S5 Completely Dead?

Thanks! The reboot did work, and the phone seems to be working fine again (for the moment). I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it, as I agree that the phone should be performing perfectly.

Thanks again for your help!
    Assassin Droid likes this.