S5 Rebooting on Ap Install?

Effect One

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Having a bit of an issue with my S5. I've purchased a game called 'Geometry Dash' from Google Play Store which downloads and then resets my S5 every time it attempts to install.

The first time it attempted to install it came up with an error message stating that there was insufficient space. I checked this and found there to be 1.75gb of remaining space on the phone (the app is 36mb...). After this my phone is rebooted whenever I attempt to install it, as above.

I don't know what's causing it and I can't seem to solve the problem.

Anyone encountered this before??

Thanks!

Last edited:

Effect One

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there and thanks! I did try that, yes, but unfortunately did not receive a response - maybe they're just really busy answering queries!

Is there any way to download the .apk from the Play Store directly to your computer so you can side load apps from a program like Kies? I'm a huge technology/phone/android newbie to be honest but that was what I thought to try first. I couldn't see a desktop version of Play Store available for download anywhere though to give it a go and the browser Play Store only allows me to initiate a remote download and install which ends up rebooting my phone as normal!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, you can't isolated the .apk directly from Google Play. I wouldn't recommend looking for it on file sharing sites either, because you'll run the risk of malware. How long ago did you email the dev? It can take them a few days to answer sometimes.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Effect One

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Emailed a few days ago. Guess I'll just wait for a response. If they do I'll post here to help others. Having done some GoogleFu though it would appear that I'm the only person to have experienced this issue!! Just my luck :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante