Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 mm qcamera daemon

Hello people I have recently got a new white Galaxy S5 and all is well with it except one thing. I have the dreaded mm qcamera daemon popping up in my battery stats whenever I use the main camera. I did a test and it doesn't happen when I use Instagram and I have no other camera apps, no Skype or Yahoo or Vine etc. What I wanted to say was it isn't really badly draining my battery as when I use the camera this bug only reaches to about at most 11% and then drops back down out of the battery stats after a short period. It never really reaches top cpu usage at all. Should I be worried and can it get worse?? My battery is lasting the say through and as I said it drops back down and out of battery stats once I exit camera. I had the same issue on the Note 3 before. Oddly I never had this with any Sony or HTC models only Nexus or Samsung

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S5 mm qcamera daemon

Hi Sean, I have the same problem but the % that it takes is about 30%. Did you find some solution or still nothing?

Brgs,
    Yordan Radoev

I have also started facing this issue in my galaxy S5. Do anyone have a solution to this? It is really annoying. :-(

That should be gone after the 4.4.4 upgrade.

I never see it.
    MacroDroid extends your battery life.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    OTA updates via WiFi only:
    my WiFi is permanently OFF until Verizon fixes 5.0

Wink Re: Galaxy S5 mm qcamera daemon

Good day! i got a modest korean version S5 SM-G906K from a friend, i was very grateful knowing that i finally owned a truly cp beast much better than the local S5 here in the Philippines. My android version at that time is kitkat 4.4.2 with a baseband version of G906KKTU1ANH2 with a build number of KVT49LG906KTUANH2. Everything went well at that time, really enjoying my new cp,battery, camera and charging were ok. until such time that i start exploring, I rooted my device and upgraded everything to test its true power. as i remember, i did it twice and that was the time that my dilemma started, there was an extremely rise of cp temperature and severe draining of battery . i noticed a mm-qcamera-daemon in battery stats which eats much battery percentage.. I bought an extra battery to suffice my cp usage for the day. Until an idea sparks in my mind that maybe downgrading the phone to its original usable state will helps. I downgrade my cp to its original version and erase everything thru factory date reset. And VIOLA!!! mm-qcamera-daemon disappera in my battery stats, and my phone is now running normally as ever.

Hope this idea helps yoiu out there, give it a try there's no harm in trying, just be careful to download your brand firmware.. Pardon my bad english.

Hi all, I got this problem over night for the first time.
    Does anyone know if there is a fix out yet?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Get you phone exorcised