printing from S5 error
I tried printing from my S5 to a brother HL2270DW. When in an email I pressed print and mobile print came up and showed my printer. When I clicked on print, the following error came up;
PCL XL error
Error: illegal attribute value
Operator: read image
Posted via Android Central App
- 06-20-2014, 03:09 AM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: printing from S5 error
I have the same problem with my Brother HL-2170W. Only my device is a Samsung Note Pro 12.2. The same message prints out.
I just had a chat with a Samsung Technician on this issue. He says the "print" menu on Samsung devices work only with Samsung printers.
You can try printing using a Brother app but you have to open the printer app and choose the document that you want to print from there which makes printing a real pain. The app is called "Brother iPrint&Scan" btw.
Thank God, I can still return my Note Pro to Best Buy. It's dumb of me to assume that such an expensive device must have a print function that actually works.
Samsung Note for "Professionals" my ***.
- 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM #3
Re: printing from S5 error
Hi, I have a different issue, but maybe related. I am using a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and have successfully printed to my HP OfficeJet printer on my home network (it connected through router port) - using the Hancom Hcell product. I had a bit of trouble getting it to work, but finally managed to get a document printed. So, it is possible to print to a non-Samsung printer. I do have an HP Print Service plugin installed - so maybe you need something specific for your brand of printer? However, to sunkim's post, I was able to print right from the application, not open a printer app. I am not sure if that helps. I understand this post is a bit stale, but if you have resolved your problem, let me know (I am tracking this post). And to sunkim, sorry you gave up on the Samsung note so quickly - it really is a fabulous device.
I had (or am having) an issue where my tablet constantly displays an error in the notifications - "Printer error MobilePrint". I tried to print the initial Hcell document twice before finally getting it to work. Now, I have this error message as a constant companion, with no understandable way of clearing it out. The system is behaving like there are jobs stuck in the print queue, but darned if I can figure out how to find those and cancel them.
- 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM #4
- 4 Posts
Re: printing from S5 error - Solved!
I had a similar issue on my Galaxy S5 & stumbled upon your post found no solution, and kept digging.
Here's what works...
1. Long-press on the message off the notification screen
2. A pop-up window called "App Info" should appear, click it.
3. There are a few "active buttons" in the next screen you can push, but the one you need to do is "Clear Data".
4. Click Ok to confirm deleting the application data etc etc, and those annoying "Document Print Error" messages will no longer appear.
Hope that helps.
- 07-29-2016, 04:01 AM #5
- 10-15-2016, 01:05 AM #6
- By micaels in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-17-2016, 09:38 AM
- By sdsubball23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 16Last Post: 05-29-2014, 01:32 AM
- By hubeschan in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
- By kkiazand in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2014, 12:14 PM
- By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2014, 03:03 AM