Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you reply to a text from the lock screen on the galaxy s5?

I was reading somewhere on the internet that there is a way to reply to a text without unlocking the phone and that it was done by turning on pop up notifications in settings. That doesn't seem to do it though. So is there really no way to reply from the lock screen or am I missing a setting that I need to turn on?

Default Re: How do you reply to a text from the lock screen on the galaxy s5?

I don't think this is possible with the stock messaging app. The best I can do is to touch the message and swipe below it to go directly to the text message. You are wanting an app that enables quick reply.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmm, okay. I didn't think it was possible, I guess I was misinformed by what I read.

I am using GO SMS Pro and it works exactly like what you are saying.

I have Notifications turned OFF, and it still works just fine.

When I get a text and press the Power Button, the message is displayed on the screen.
    I enter my reply text and press 'send'.

This app is very good at sending full size photos and attachments, even if the recipient does not have GO SMS Pro. Those who don't will get a URL to click on and their browser will open to that URL allowing them to read or view, or download the file.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gosms

Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Handcent will do what you're looking for. Turning popups on in the settings pops up a quick reply box whether you're locked or not. The options to reply are minimal... but it works.