How do you reply to a text from the lock screen on the galaxy s5?

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I was reading somewhere on the internet that there is a way to reply to a text without unlocking the phone and that it was done by turning on pop up notifications in settings. That doesn't seem to do it though. So is there really no way to reply from the lock screen or am I missing a setting that I need to turn on?

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is possible with the stock messaging app. The best I can do is to touch the message and swipe below it to go directly to the text message. You are wanting an app that enables quick reply.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am using GO SMS Pro and it works exactly like what you are saying.

I have Notifications turned OFF, and it still works just fine.

When I get a text and press the Power Button, the message is displayed on the screen.
I enter my reply text and press 'send'.

This app is very good at sending full size photos and attachments, even if the recipient does not have GO SMS Pro. Those who don't will get a URL to click on and their browser will open to that URL allowing them to read or view, or download the file.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gosms

zenshooter

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Handcent will do what you're looking for. Turning popups on in the settings pops up a quick reply box whether you're locked or not. The options to reply are minimal... but it works.

leo212

May 29, 2013
Visit site
The solution is simple - install NiLS app from Google Play. (google for "NiLS Lock screen" to find it)
It displays notifications on top of your current lock screen.
Purchase the full version and you'll be able to enable "Show quick reply on preview" option under NiLS > Lock Screen settings.
Then whenever you'll have a message from Hangouts, WhatsApp, Textra, Telegram or many other supported apps - you'll be able to reply directly from the lock screen.