Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My first galaxy S5

Can someone show me some tips and tricks with this phone? I did some searches but couldn't find anything special. I'm coming from an iPhone 5s. I'm looking for something more than customization. I'm able to change my home screen around but I want to see what all the hoopla is all about with these android phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: My first galaxy S5

Search YouTube for customizing/launchers. I learned about it after watching one from ColdfusTion.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Search YouTube for customizing/launchers. I learned about it after watching one from ColdfusTion.

Pro S5
    Thank you for your quick response but I'm not looking to customize my phone as I like it the way it is. I'm not into adding apps that kill the battery because it constantly runs in the back ground. I'm looking for something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by TechGod2014 View Post
    Thank you for your quick response but I'm not looking to customize my phone as I like it the way it is. I'm not into adding apps that kill the battery because it constantly runs in the back ground. I'm looking for something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again!

Not sure I know what you mean by "out of the ordinary."

Could you elaborate?
    Greg C likes this.

Global Posts
    1,658 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Can someone show me some tips and tricks with this phone? I did some searches but couldn't find anything special. I'm coming from an iPhone 5s. I'm looking for something more than customization. I'm able to change my home screen around but I want to see what all the hoopla is all about with these android phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tips to get started

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Congrats on your new S5! Enjoy it
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    Not sure I know what you mean by "out of the ordinary."

Could you elaborate?
    Not sure what I mean either... Lol. My friends keep bragging about how Android is so much better than the iPhone, so I went out and purchased an s5. Was hoping it would open up a portal to a new dimension or something like that. Lmao

Jon Jackson likes this.

Can anyone give me some help with android. Have a small problem

Quote Originally Posted by Neuer27 View Post
    What problem do you have? Anyways, you basically just hijacked this thread. The best way to get help is to post a thread in the appropriate forum for your device.
    akutch34 and Greg C like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hey get your own thread.... Lmao

bembol likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I do want to say that I'm loving the screen size and the phone being water proof. Not sure what dust proof is... Never had a phone go bad on me due to dust.... Lmao

I do want to say that I'm loving the screen size and the phone being water proof. Not sure what dust proof is... Never had a phone go bad on me due to dust.... Lmao

It is useful if you go in dusty environments. And the screen size is great. It is a good size for a phone, not too big but not too small.

I need a lost phone locator app that works on android and apple.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    It is useful if you go in dusty environments. And the screen size is great. It is a good size for a phone, not too big but not too small.
    I live in dusty environments. I agree the screen size is perfect. I played with the note 3 demo and felt it to be a bit too big for the pocket.

I need a lost phone locator app that works on android and apple.
    You would get the help you need if you create a thread. What device do you have? I can direct you to the appropriate sub-forum.

You would get the help you need if you create a thread. What device do you have? I can direct you to the appropriate sub-forum.
    Galaxy s5 and iPhone 4s

Galaxy s5 and iPhone 4s
    Post a thread in this forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/

Thanks

Thanks
    No problem. See you around the forums.

There is another thread started today, one of the posts has all of that thread compiled into it.

* Tips for a Newbie, what they need to know
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, MacroDroid, Textra, Blue Mail

Global Posts
    1,658 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Not sure what I mean either... Lol. My friends keep bragging about how Android is so much better than the iPhone, so I went out and purchased an s5. Was hoping it would open up a portal to a new dimension or something like that. Lmao

A big thing between Apple and Android is the freedom you have with customizing your device pretty much to your heart's content. Apple is a "closed system" whereas Android is "open." You are able to access more of the Android device for customization and such. Apple likes to retain some control. Does that make sense to you? Maybe someone else here can explain it better than me.
    Lacesout likes this.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Techgod2014 if your not all ready impressed with the s5 over the iPhone, I suggest you return it and get back your iPhone. Or just simply type in YouTube galaxy s5 tips and tricks and you will see a lot of clips showing it off, then if your still not satisfied there's rooting and custom roms to try. Whatever you do good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    Lacesout likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by harris hpe View Post
    Techgod2014 if your not all ready impressed with the s5 over the iPhone, I suggest you return it and get back your iPhone. Or just simply type in YouTube galaxy s5 tips and tricks and you will see a lot of clips showing it off, then if your still not satisfied there's rooting and custom roms to try. Whatever you do good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    I still have my iPhone. I use it for business. The S5 is strictly for play since it doesn't for full my business needs. And I am impressed with the S5 but I wouldn't go as far to say over the iPhone... Yet. Trying to figure it out.
    Seen a couple of videos last night on YouTube and I did find some good tips, but nothing to write home about.

I still have my iPhone. I use it for business. The S5 is strictly for play since it doesn't for full my business needs.
    What makes the iphone "suitable for business" that the S5 lacks?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    What makes the iphone "suitable for business" that the S5 lacks?
    This is just my opinion, don't want to ruffle any feathers... I know how some folks can be when it comes to their phones!

I use Microsoft 360 on my iPhone and iPad for business and the free office apps (pages, keynotes and numbers) that apple now includes with any ios device purchase.
    I also use scanner pro for my business needs. I did like cam scanner on Android, but scanner pro is a lot easier to use on ios.
    Also I use the Sandisk wifi thumb drive as an external hard drive to transfer files from my iPad and phones. The app which is free on both OS is way better on ios.
    Again this is just my opinion since I was asked.
    That being said I wish Android had these apps or equal versions because it would be much easier to use on this beautiful display.

I find myself using this device when I'm not working on something. Like changing the TV with the built in IR blaster, especially when my wife is watching it and she can't figure out why the channel keeps changing. I have her thinking there's gremlins in our TV. Also watching Netflix or hbo-go on it. I'm not a phone gamer so I haven't tried playing games on it.

I'm sure I will find more uses for it and hopefully with the help of this forum.

SpasticPat likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast