Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Contacts not sorting correctly

I want to sort my contacts by first name. I selected that option in the settings. It sorts some contacts by their first name and other contacts by their last name. I have no idea why it does this. If I select sort by last name, that works correctly. Please help.

Default Re: S5 Contacts not sorting correctly

Make sure there are no hidden characters, spaces, etc prior to the first letter of the name.

I use special characters to cause my contacts to sort in "groups".

and I use only the 'First Name' sort method.

Oh, I normally only use the "First Name" field for the complete name. This is the best way to control sorting.
    Verizon Galaxy S5

If I helped you, Please click
    Thanks button
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: S5 Contacts not sorting correctly

I figured out what the problem was. My contacts that were from google contacts had the first name in the "Name Prefix" field and the last name in the "Middle Name" field for some reason. That setting was taking precedence over the fact that I had the first name and the last name in the correct boxes in the device contacts. Unlinking the google contact from the device contact and setting contacts to display only device contacts fixed the problem.