Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Personal dictionary?

Is there a way to add words to my personal dictionary? It is highly frustrating that the phone doesn't even remember my name!

Global Posts
    1,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Default Re: Personal dictionary?

If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I hope this is what you need. When I'm typing an email in Gmail or a text and type a word that isn't in the dictionary, I tap on the check mark on the left side of the screen just above the keyboard. That makes the word "stick" (vs auto correcting it) and it will be recognized from now on. Discovered this on m Galaxy Note 2014. Hope it helped.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope. Been there done that. It only saves the word temporarily. So annoying.

Anyone else have a solution?

how long is temporarily? the three words that I used and saved by tapping on the check mark, within the last week, are still in the personal dictionary. I've had my note 10.1 since December and haven't had problems with added words disappearing. sorry I couldn't help.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Not sure how long is temporary, I just know it won't save my name. I'll keep trying the check. Thanks.

SwiftKey is like a personal dictionary

-Sent from Tapatalk

Yea same question . I've hit the check on the left and it's not saving. I used swift key forever and it remembered everything. I just like the s5 keyboard and wanna use it.

Posted via Android Central App