Galaxy S5 Wireless charging back just arrived!!!!

JJM1975

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a S5 card, which works just fine but I kept reading that it does make the S5 "non-IP67" water resistant. I found what I think is a Samsung wireless back out of China. It just arrived today and it seems to work just fine. Time to sell my old S5 charge card and cancel my backorder at Samsung.

I will attach some photos.20140527_154632.jpg20140527_154658.jpgIMG_3031.jpg

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would be suspicious that it's a Chinese knock off and thus possibly lower quality as far as being water resistant.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If you use a case, does the phone still fit in it? Altho it still says "coming soon" the wireless back is $30 on samsung.com. The charger is $50. After registering my phone with Samsung, I got a code for 50% off mobile accessories. Kind of confusing the way it reads tho. It sounds like I can only use it once but can buy up to 5 accessories at 50% off. That sounds too good to be true tho so I'm probably reading it wrong.

*Limited-time offer. Coupon code may be used once. Valid for 90 days from 05/07/2014. Offer limited to 5 items per shipping address. Offer excludes bundles, MP3 players and accessories with an MSRP greater than $49.99. Hope "soon" is before the next 60 days.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you use a case, does the phone still fit in it? Altho it still says "coming soon" the wireless back is $30 on samsung.com. The charger is $50. After registering my phone with Samsung, I got a code for 50% off mobile accessories. Kind of confusing the way it reads tho. It sounds like I can only use it once but can buy up to 5 accessories at 50% off. That sounds too good to be true tho so I'm probably reading it wrong.

*Limited-time offer. Coupon code may be used once. Valid for 90 days from 05/07/2014. Offer limited to 5 items per shipping address. Offer excludes bundles, MP3 players and accessories with an MSRP greater than $49.99. Hope "soon" is before the next 60 days.

I got that same coupon and was unable to make use of it at all.

Everything of worth to me was 1 penny to much or more.

Are you sure it said "more than" $49.99 ?
The one I received said "no more than $49.99"

50% off the Wireless charger back and pad would have been a nice gift.
I wanted a nice case, but that too was over the limit.

I finally let it expire, unused.... bought my stuff from Amazon with free shipping.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I got that same coupon and was unable to make use of it at all.

Everything of worth to me was 1 penny to much or more.

Are you sure it said "more than" $49.99 ?
The one I received said "no more than $49.99"

50% off the Wireless charger back and pad would have been a nice gift.
I wanted a nice case, but that too was over the limit.

I finally let it expire, unused.... bought my stuff from Amazon with free shipping.

I copy and pasted the quote from Samsung, but, I think it's for bundles, MP3 players and accessories with an MSRP greater than $49.99 now that I'm rereading it. Here is a screen capture of part of the offer
Capture.JPG

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That screen capture says "under $50.00" and that is why I could not use the darn thing.

Everything I wanted was $50.00 exactly and the coupon was no good for that.

Plus they restricted you to their store.... they knew exactly what they were doing. it is a gimmick.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It says made in Vietnam. The box is pretty official looking.

It definitely looks legit.

I received it yesterday. $40 shipped.

My Case Mate tough Sport is useless now, I put up both including the Original Back Cover up for sale in kijiji (sorry keeping it local).

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the charger pad (on samsung.com) is $49.99 so that should work. Maybe you got a different offer. Did you even try to get them to work with you on the one cent? I would have and can be fairly certain they would have obliged me.

Samsung.jpg

88jr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know where else to ask this but I received my GS5 official wireless charging back Saturday but it does NOT work on the square Nexus 5 wireless charger. I thought these were pretty universal. My Nexus 5 charges on the Qi charger, I don't know why this won't work on the Nexus 5 charger. Thoughts??

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know where else to ask this but I received my GS5 official wireless charging back Saturday but it does NOT work on the square Nexus 5 wireless charger. I thought these were pretty universal. My Nexus 5 charges on the Qi charger, I don't know why this won't work on the Nexus 5 charger. Thoughts??

Have you moved where you set the phone down on the charger? I just received my back at the office and my charger is at home so I cannot test, but both my G2 and DNA were picky about where it was set on both my Nokia charger and the LG charger. If if the coil wasn't in the right place, no chargy.

Steve

88jr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I've tried it on 2 Nexus 5 charges with nothing. It clearly locks into a sweet spot. It also does work on an older Duracell Qi charger fine so I think there there a difference in the technologies. What's odd is the Nexus 5 charges on everything. It's almost as if the Samsung technology isn't as encompassing throughout other chargers. It's a real bummer. I love the wireless charging on my Nexus 5. Let me know how yours works and with what chargers.

Ben Alman

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have multiple Qi charging pads that work just fine with the Nexus 5, and I can't get any of them to work with the S5 Qi charging back. I've purchased backs from my local AT&T store as well as Amazon, both of them have the Qi logo on them, neither of them allow my S5 to charge. This has been driving me absolutely crazy. I'm so frustrated!