Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless charging problem

I have a wireless qi charger from Linocell that I use with my Galaxy S5. It works well, except that the screen keeps lighting up intermittently, even though I'm not getting messages and the battery isn't full. I can't find any information about this anywhere...

Default Re: Wireless charging problem

It has happened to me before. For me, it was because the connection was not very good. Maybe try to reposition the phone

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It happens because when the battery reaches 100% the charger disconnects and reconnects when the battery drops to 99%. Unfortunately, it will keep doing this the whole time. What I do, since I use it at night, is turn down the screen brightness all the way down and turn down the notification volume as well. Hope this helps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'll give it a try, thanks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    It has happened to me before. For me, it was because the connection was not very good. Maybe try to reposition the phone
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInRockford View Post
    It happens because when the battery reaches 100% the charger disconnects and reconnects when the battery drops to 99%. Unfortunately, it will keep doing this the whole time. What I do, since I use it at night, is turn down the screen brightness all the way down and turn down the notification volume as well. Hope this helps.
    No, that's not it, because as I said it happens regardless of the battery level.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Did you ever find the problem for this? I'm having the same issue. It begins to charge then disconnects and reconnects ever few seconds or so. I'm gonna try and reset the qi receiver under the battery cover.

Check your power supply. I noticed that if I use a power supply less than 2mah I would get the connect disconnect problem. once I swapped out the lower power units the problem stopped.