Weather Widget

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've used that widget before, and while I liked it I found it wasn't as accurate as the stock weather widgets. One thing I didn't like about it was the inability to change the weather icons. With Beautiful Widgets, there are hundreds to choose from.

You've been very helpful.. Thanks! I need to start trying out the BW.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've used that widget before, and while I liked it I found it wasn't as accurate as the stock weather widgets. One thing I didn't like about it was the inability to change the weather icons. With Beautiful Widgets, there are hundreds to choose from.

On the weather widget by Dev and beautiful widget is it possible to update the weather manually? Im trying to conserve battery. Thanks

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
On the weather widget by Dev and beautiful widget is it possible to update the weather manually? Im trying to conserve battery. Thanks

For the Dev app: From your app tray, click on the app. Then click on settings. Scroll down until you see Updates Interval and click on that. Then click on the Never radio button. That should force it only update manually.

To make it easier to update, go back into the Settings menu and scroll down until you see Widget Settings and click on that. Then scroll down until you see Show Refresh Date and check the box. This will put the last time it refreshed and a little circle arrow on the widget. Then all you have to do to update is tap on the circle arrow on the widget and it will update.

For Beautiful Widgets: From the app tray, click on the icon to open the app. Click on settings. Scroll down to Update Interval and tap that. Then check the Manual box and you should be good to go.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The weather widget by DEV, on weather provider, which one is best to choose? AWService or OpenweatherMAP (Beta)? Can I add my own weather provider?

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The free beautiful widget requires me to download all of these crap apps to get coins before I can use it. Is there anyway to bypass that?

Mattroid

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice widget but I did some search on google regard Beautiful Widget and HD widgets, both of them drains battery.

How far back are the comments you're finding about BW from? It used to be a decent drain on battery a few years back but I've not noticed any drain worth mentioning compared to anything else running on my phone. It's a small enough percentage that it doesn't show up on the stock battery monitor app.

That said, it's possible that battery usage could also be affected by customizations you add to the widget...mine is pretty minimal, all things considered. The bulk of the drain is likely from the weather checking online every so often which will be an 'issue' regardless of the widget you choose.

The best thing to do is probably to try a few free ones for a week or so each and monitor the drain yourself and see what works best for your needs.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I use 1 Weather and it doesn't seem to drain my battery. I have it set to show 5 day forecast (I believe this is the max) and it's free.

I've used it but it ALWAYS shows rain in the forecast.
It is inaccurate for me at least.

I have been using this one as well.

Are you sure it's showing Rain all the time or just the Icon in the lower right that shows the %of Rain on the widget . Mine always has that but right now it's at 0% my center icon is sunny overcast .

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
How far back are the comments you're finding about BW from? It used to be a decent drain on battery a few years back but I've not noticed any drain worth mentioning compared to anything else running on my phone. It's a small enough percentage that it doesn't show up on the stock battery monitor app.

That said, it's possible that battery usage could also be affected by customizations you add to the widget...mine is pretty minimal, all things considered. The bulk of the drain is likely from the weather checking online every so often which will be an 'issue' regardless of the widget you choose.

The best thing to do is probably to try a few free ones for a week or so each and monitor the drain yourself and see what works best for your needs.

I installed the free BW, but it requires me to earn coins by downloading bloatware apps. There's no way around it.

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What theme is that? Really nice.

Thank you.

For the 4x1 Clock+Weather - the clock theme is Sence-JAR, the weather theme is Arch_Sense and the layout is Home Widget Legacy

For the 4x1 Weather - the background theme is Sence-JAR, and the Weather theme is Arch_Sense and the layout is Full Icon.

Mattroid

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I installed the free BW, but it requires me to earn coins by downloading bloatware apps. There's no way around it.
I can't speak to that, unfortunately, as I have the paid version. I believe that BW was bought by someone else a few years back (don't quote me on this, though) as there was a version of it that came out that was drastically different from the older versions and screwed a lot of stuff up at the time. I imagine they jacked with the free version too, but I don't know. It's since gotten a lot better again.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
i use BeWeather & Widgets Pro. Had it on my Blackberry and now I my Galaxy S5. Very customizable! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather What I love about it is I can add my own radar maps. You can also download many weather icon sets. So many options and customizations! To many to list here.

I also have tried out 1Weather and have that on my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet. Like this one also. It has a free version and a paid version. So check them out and see if they are for you. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo