Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I turn off the pedometer?

Sounds simple right? I used it a week ago and it wasn't obvious to me how to turn it off so I just paused it and went on my way. Now it's a week later and I keep getting a notification that I haven't used my pedometer in a week. I'm sure I could turn notifications off through S-Health but I'd rather there just be no notification in the first place.

So what am I missing here?

BTW this is why I love my Nexus 7 Tablet. Never once have I had to deal with manufacturer baked in apps that work in there own way.

Default Re: How do I turn off the pedometer?

If you do not want to use the app anymore just disable it and it will never launch again. You can disable most of the Samsung installed apps from the settings>Applications Manager list.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I removed the pedometer from my lock screen and cleared the logs from within the S-health app. That seems to have done the trick.

I wouldn't want to disable the entire S-health suite over the pedometer. Sometimes disabling apps that are baked in to the overlay (touchwiz) can be a bad thing. Because there is an option under "lock screen" in settings to display the pedometer on the lock screen I'm going to let the app run. Not that I actually know that there will be an issue with disabling it, but untill I need to do that I'll leave it alone.

Yea. Clear the app data in app manager

-Sent from Tapatalk

Go into the health app and go to settings. Once in settings you'll see notification and just uncheck it. Nothing will pop up after that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk